This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/30/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
As an Electrician with the Facilities and Construction team you will have the opportunity to work on all phases of commercial construction: Skills in all areas of electrical are not necessarily required, but the job can and will involve a variety of electrical disciplines and a strong candidate will be able to perform a variety of electrical tasks from distribution power, lighting and control panels to low voltage to fire alarm.
* Working as a team with the entire construction department, the construction electrician performs a new installation of: power distribution, transformers, and lighting, temporary construction power and electrical equipment up to 480 VAC.
* Maintaining and troubleshooting various types of electrical components.
* Uses complex electrical schematics and blueprints to plan work scopes, install requested improvements, and troubleshoot and correct problems.
* Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting diagrams, P&IDs, blueprints, and schematics.
* Performs a wide variety of job scopes.
* Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
* Complete tasks in a timely manner and provide feedback
* Must have a minimum of 5+ years of Electrician journeyman level or higher experience in industrial or commercial settings
* Knowledge in using hand tools, electrical meter, and testing equipment
* Efficient in sizing conductors, conduits and using NEC Code Book.
* Experienced in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC.
* Experience in medium voltage a plus
* Strong knowledge in installing and troubleshooting of PLCs, motor controls, drives, and electronic components a plus
* Ability to interpret electrical prints and schematics
* Ability to install electrical equipment and circuit modification
* Ability to produce parts lists and work plans based off drawings or field walks and routing
* Ability to produce as-built drawing for work performed
* Ability to test and commission all work per Tesla procedures and building department code
* Ability to complete job scopes outside of normal core competencies as required
* Strong working knowledge of job site safety with the ability to thoroughly evaluate job hazards and complete pre-work task planning with an emphasis on identifying electrical hazards and proper safety procedures
* Ability to work in high elevation up to 80 ft. high
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with all levels of management; must have a high degree of initiative, and the ability to work alone and effectively with other people
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.