Associate Director, Social Services (Full Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
Mass. Eye and Ear (MEE)
Under appropriate clinical supervision, responsible for social services for patients and families in assigned service areas. Services include: direct care, collaboration and co-ordination with other health care providers, formal and informal teaching of psychosocial perspectives, development of community support networks and development of education and prevention programs. Complies with all Federal, State and local regulations and laws governing the performance of this position within the Department. Adheres to all Infirmary policies and procedures.
Assists the Director in planning, organizing, and directing all department related activities involving social work. Will ensure Social Workers are trained, Will assess needs and volume of patients accordingly assigning daily to social workers and in collaboration with Case Management in shared clinical areas.
* Masters degree in social work from an accredited school of social work which includes training in human growth and development appropriate to all age groups.
* Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) required
* Two to three years of post Masters clinical social work experience, with at
* least one year in a medical setting.
* Excellent verbal and communication skills using both telephone and one-on-one interpersonal skills.
* Ability to ambulate frequently and easily to various diverse patient treatment areas.
* At times, the job may require lengthy period of standing.
* Ability to function in small work areas.
* Ability to search for medical records and to read them in a timely manner which often is very quickly.
* Ability to enter assessments and plans into a patients medical electronic record immediately following patient interaction.
* Work dress appropriate to patient care areas in a hospital environment.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs