Biomedical Electronics Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/1/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an international leader in the advancement of anesthesiology focused on state-of-the-art clinical care, innovative research and exceptional anesthesia education.
Students are welcome to apply who have at least one year school year completed.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 34854BR
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible calibrating, inspecting and solving routine technical problems of all direct and in-direct patient care related electronic devices and systems. This position is also responsible for managing the Medical Center's RFID Equipment tagging program.
* Manages the Medical Center's RFID equipment tagging program which includes tagging equipment, maintaining batteries in the tags and software programming.
* Diagnoses, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and calibrates minor medical equipment to manufacturer's specifications with the ability to learn more complicated systems.
* Utilizes applicable drawings, diagrams and technical manuals. Prepares and maintains records of repairs, inspections and maintenance using both paper and computer systems.
* Maintains and repairs patient lifts, televisions and other electro-mechanical equipment.
* Attends factory training when needed on different medical devices.
* Interfaces with internal and external customers as needed.
* Aids the HIMDE coordinator on an as-needed basis.
* Participation in the after-hours emergency service coverage (On Call) as required.
* May be called upon to perform additional job duties as needed.
* High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training in Electronic Training preferred.
* 1-3 years related work experience required in Electronic Training.
* 1-2 years experience in the general field of electronics
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.