This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2020
END DATE 9/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW
We are seeking a Biosample Manager to provide operational support for biological samples collected for specialized laboratory assessments, including anti-drug antibodies, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamic biomarkers. In this role, you will manage the lifecycle of these biological samples from collection to disposition.
* Review clinical trial protocols, informed consents, central laboratory documents, and file transfer specifications for sample details
* Develop biological sample management plans in collaboration with study teams, laboratories, and Outsourcing partners
* Participate in the prioritization of Biosample Coordinator activities such as receiving, accessioning, shipping, and storage/disposition
* Maintain knowledge of current regulations and standards related to sample handling and data privacy
* Reconcile sample data in external laboratory database with clinical database, which may include data transfers using Watson LIMS
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with 5+ years of direct experience in biological sample management activities; advanced degree preferred
* Demonstrated understanding of clinical trials and the vital role of clinical samples in the development of safe and effective treatments
* Expertise in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and/or clinical databases
* Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Monday to Friday
* Day shift
* Limited travel anticipated
* Start date as soon as possible
WHAT MAKES THIS POSITION UNIQUE?
The Biological Sample Management team within Sanofi s Translational Medicine and Early Development (TMED) Project Operations organization supports non-clinical and clinical development through operationalization of sampling strategies and contributes to help drive continuous improvement of sample management processes.
BENEFITS OF WORKING IN THIS ROLE
* Role in helping patients with unmet medical needs gain access to treatments
* Work in a global team/environment
* Tuition reimbursement available to enhance development in current organization or in preparation for future roles
This position is currently located in Framingham, Massachusetts with a move to Cambridge, Massachusetts planned approximately in the next two years. There is the flexibility to work remotely for certain tasks.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.