CCT Registered Nurse (On Call) in Victorville, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/26/2020
END DATE 6/26/2020
Global Medical Response
JOB DESCRIPTIONCCT REGISTERED NURSE (ON CALL) IN VICTORVILLE, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Critical Care Transport Nurse (On Call)
Reports To: Nurse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Open Shifts in San Bernardino County are:
24 Hour Shifts/3 shifts per month
The Critical Care Transport Nurse performs basic life support, advance life support and critical care nursing. The CCT Transport Nurse provides direct patient care to the ill and injured during the transport and the local EMS transport and treatment protocols. The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders of the physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse performs assessments, treats, and monitors patients during inter-facility transports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
* Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program protocols.
* Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the patient in the transport environment in accordance with established CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing orders, and under the medical control of the sending physician.
* Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric patient.
* Performs a complete assessment on each transport patient.
* Documents all assessment findings, therapeutic interventions performed and patient responses on the CCT Patient Care Record.
* Notes all physicians transport orders.
* Acts as a member of the Critical Care Transport Team by assisting the EMT's in the transfer of the patient from bed to gurney and back.
* The CCT RN is responsible for the care of the patient including any emergency procedures the patient may require while under their care. These procedures may include but are not limited to CPR and oral endotracheal intubation.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* The CCT RN, along with the crew, is responsible for changing oxygen and air tanks that have less than 500psi gas remaining or for making sure they are changed.
* Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment checks.
* Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
* Accurately completes supply, billing and data collection forms as required.
* Participates in CCT Program Quality Improvement activities.
* Maintains an adequate knowledge of and complies with all company policies and procedures, codes of safe practice, and Critical Care Transport policies and protocols.
* Maintains personal knowledge of current critical care nursing practice
* Maintains personal knowledge of current EMT and EMT-P scope of practice in California and the applicable county in which the CCT team operates.
* Completes documentation on Controlled Substances per CCT policy.
* Participates in continuing education and training activities for EMT's in activities specific to their practice in the CCT division.
* Participates in company-wide programs such as Safety and Risk Management and Code of Conduct.
* Demonstrates effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, EMT's, ALS/BLS Operations personnel and CCT administration.
* Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and annual training.
* Completes CCT transport documentation per program policy.
* Maintains all required licensure and certifications in accordance with company policy.
* Represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
May need use of personal vehicle with mileage compensation. * Current registration as an RN/EMS
* Minimum 2 years of ICU RN experience or 5 years ED/CCT/Cardiac/Trauma RN experience, which includes the following: Management of the unstable adult cardiac patient, Management of the unstable patient of other etiologies, Management of the patient requiring mechanical ventilator support, and Management of the patient requiring invasive hemodynamic monitoring. Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory. Knowledge of principles and practice of patient transport operations upon successful completion of the CCT orientation and training program. Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement and evaluate patient care activities. Ability to function independently; to prioritize, delegate and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care situations. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow personnel, patients and their families, hospital staff, the public, and other collaborating agencies. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are also required.
* Current ACLS, PALS, BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status.
* Current CPR certification
* Valid Driver s License
* PHTLS Certification desired
* ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
* IS-100B (ICS 100)
* IS-200B (ICS 200)
* IS-700A (NIMS)
* IS-800B (NIMS)
* Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN, CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS
* NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider), it can be acquired within first 6 months of hire.
* Frequently: Kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, and multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram)
* Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled