Clinical Manager - Social Work - Ambulatory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/7/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Manger for Ambulatory SW services. Responsible for the design, delivery and accountability of SW services across all ambulatory areas. (this includes primary care, ob/gyn; ID, hem/onc, cognitive neurology). Personnel management including staff recruitment, performance reviews, staff development and retention. Designs and develops programs to meet patient needs; oversees training and ensures SW competencies meet practice and regulatory standards. Works with leadership in various ambulatory areas to determine SW productivity standards and to advocate for changes as needed. Serves on ambulatory interdisciplinary leadership committees.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 33579BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager - Social Work reports to the Director of Social Work. This position is responsible for clinical social work practice, programming, teaching, and research. Manages designated division of the Social Work Department.
* Identifies opportunities for Quality Improvement in own area of responsibility and works with Director and other managers to plan and implement Quality Improvement initiatives. Collaborates closely with medical, nursing, and administrative leaders of assigned areas to integrate social work practice with overall interdisciplinary care, management, and planning.
* Participates on and leads Medical Center and community committees and initiatives. Responds to new requests from within and outside the Department and planning programs, policies and systems, in one's assigned area. Advocates on behalf of Medical Center and patients around changes in state, federal and managed care policies.
* Participates in overall Departmental programming and management. Coordinates social work practice in individual division with practice in other divisions and Departments. Oversees the quality of social work staff performance and productivity including deployment of staff, scheduling vacations, coverage, etc.
* Accountable for articulating standards, working knowledge, and implementation of discharge planning procedures in collaboration with Nursing and the Division of Case Management.
* Identifies psychosocial and discharge planning needs of patients and families. Oversees development and maintenance of screening procedures and clinical care programs which best serve these needs.
* Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: None
* Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
* Master's degree in Social Work required.
* License Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
* 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
* Clinical Social Work experience.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.