Electrical Analyzer & Tester A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ROLE SUMMARY: The Electronic Technician uses hands on troubleshooting skills to ensure military and commercial avionics products perform their specifications. The technician will administer standardized functional and environmental tests, and troubleshoot from a system level down to component level. This role specializes in aftermarket products. The position is a great opportunity to grow in a highly engaged technical environment. Advanced knowledge and passion for working with printed circuit boards.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: * Understand and follow test specifications and procedures
* Ensure product compliance and quality
* Troubleshoot electronics systems, circuit card assemblies, and components
* Prescribe rework instructions for products needing repair
* Maintain product test records in quality data tracking system
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: * Associate degree in an electronics technology discipline from an accredited university or college OR High School Diploma / GED with two years of technical experience in testing and troubleshooting of highly technical electronic products which could include military electronics experience (i.e. A school, I level depo-technician)
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Able and willing to complete and pass the pre-employment electronic principle's test, covering but not limited to such subjects as component identification and digital and analog circuit analysis
* This role is subject to participation in our FAA Drug Pool.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS: * Possess a thorough understanding of analog and digital circuits
* Experienced with general purpose test instruments (digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, function generators, phase angle voltmeters and automated test equipment)
* Able to fault isolate electronics to the component level
* Experienced in functional testing and environmental stress screening of class 3 electronics systems
* Able to follow technical procedures and specifications
* Able to read and understand technical documentation such as schematic diagrams and parts lists
* Experience using hand tools for electronics disassembly and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of IPC 610 & J-STD soldering specifications
* Basic understanding of embedded software
* Familiar with Electric Static Discharge precautions
* Ability to work under minimum supervision by being motivated and a self-starter