Electrical Engineering Co-op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/30/2020
END DATE 8/5/2020
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
VHB, a nationally recognized leader in design, is seeking an Electrical Engineering Co-op to work in our Boston, MA office.
VHB's passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
Co-ops will work on electrical engineering projects and will learn technical skills and computational software with relation to railroad and transit signal systems.
* Effectively interact with numerous VHB staff, clients, and consultants to advance projects in a timely manner
* Engineering calculations
* Preliminary and final design plans
* Contract documents including specifications
* Engineer's estimates
* Preparing construction documents
* Produce/draw railway signal design drawings in CAD
* Survey of existing signal equipment on the MBTA's transit and/or heavy rail lines
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and interact appropriately and positively with clients
* Self-motivated with attention to detail
* Exposure to CAD software such as MicroStation and AutoCAD
* Currently pursuing undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering at Northeastern University
* Must have the ability to conduct tasks independently
* Strong interest in electrical engineering
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we're invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We're proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
NEED HELP FINDING THE RIGHT JOB*
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy here and an overview of the law here
VHB participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.
VHB also maintains a drug-free workplace
Third Party Recruiters, please review our requirements and policy document here.
If you are in need of special assistance in applying for individuals with disabilities or limited English proficiency, please call our HR contact, Janis Carr at 617-607-2671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that this email is for special assistance in applying for individuals with disabilities and limited English proficiency only. General inquiries about employment will not receive a response. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS