Finance Intern - Ad Sales (Fall)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2020
END DATE 8/12/2020
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONFINANCE INTERN - AD SALES (FALL)
Apply Now DATE POSTED 08/06/2020 Requisition Number: 265950BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Internship, Marketing, Sales Position Type: Intern About Us....
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
What We Offer....
Competitive pay for both our undergrad, graduate and technology positions.
* This is part of our Fall/Spring Intern program and hours will vary based on your school schedule.
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater at time of application
* At time of application, you must be enrolled in an educational institution
Hear directly from our former interns and see what they are doing now: https://tinyurl.com/wdscdxc
We offer opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about the media business and gain valuable experience in a corporate environment. The Finance department is looking for an intern who will:
* Setup monthly P&Ls for month-close.
* Assist in preparing monthly accruals in conjunction with reports from Central Purchasing group and input from functional areas (includes extensive data analysis and comparisons against the monthly budgets/forecasts for accuracy, inputting and tracking monthly expense actuals in finance models, etc.).
* Prepare monthly Travel & Entertainment expense schedules for functional areas.
* Responsible for cost center budget/forecast model buildouts for 15+ cost centers to include additional time periods for tracking expenses, adding new expense accounts, updating the P&L in the models, etc.
* Assist with the quarterly forecast and budget as needed.
* Assist in creation of database to track Spectrum Reach contracts.
* Assist in preparing accurate, meaningful reports on an ad hoc basis for senior management.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates for internships MUST have:
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong knowledge of office PC and Server applications, such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, and organizational abilities
* Ability to adhere to stringent deadlines and operational procedures
* A professional appearance and a professional and enthusiastic attitude
* Coursework or previous internship experience in Finance or related field is preferred.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. FCC Unit: 13542 - North Manhattan Business Unit: Spectrum Reach GGN100 Apply Now Apply Later
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.