I&C Technician Sr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The IC&ETechnician will install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all process instruments, controls, computers, PLC's, DCS, analyzing and electrical systems of the facility. This equipment includes, but is not limited to the combustion turbine generators, boilers, and auxiliary equipment. they will inspect, repair, install and remove all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems and storage batteries. Work with systems up to and including 4160 volts.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Troubleshoot and maintain the Plant control systems (DCS,TCS, &PLCs)
* Troubleshoot and maintain the control systems communication networks (DCS, TCS & PLC
* Configure and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives.
* Calibrate, troubleshoot and maintain Transmitters
* Perform routine and emergency maintenance and compliance activities on the plant instrumentation and control systems, including weekends, holidays, and scheduled shifts
* cover call-outs for I&C maintenance activities.
* Support I&C activities during start-up and shutdown activities
* Wire and unwire motors, valve operators, transmitters, other plant instrumentation and maintain heat trace equipment.
* Perform other tasks as assigned
REQUIREMENTS: * Associates degree in instrumentation/electrical field or (5) years of related work experience.
* Applicant will be required to successfully complete the following to be considered for the position: Plant Operations Selection System/Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System (Poss/Mass)
* Provide the technical expertise and skills to effectively troubleshoot both high and low voltage electrical circuits.
* Provide the technical expertise and skills to perform calibrations and maintenance of field instrumentation including transmitters (level, pressure, flow, temperature, etc.) control valves, valve positioners, thermocouples, etc.
* Develop knowledge and understanding of the power plant processes (material handling, waterside equipment, air-side equipment, emission controls, turbine/generator, HRSG, etc)
* Demonstrate specific knowledge and skills to perform instrument and electrical job assignments
* Demonstrates continual self-improvement in job skills and knowledge
* Demonstrates knowledge of how job assignment impacts other systems/ units and uses this knowledge to maximize safety and minimize equipment problems
* Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of resources required to perform job tasks such as drawings, instruction books, calibration data sheets, MAXIMO, or equivalent work management system, etc.
* Proficient computer skills
* Skills in AC/DC electrical circuits and control, theoretical and practical knowledge of electricity, electrical safety, circuits, control equipment, electrical and instrumentation schematics and P&ID drawings.