Infection Control Coop
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/17/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Infection Control Co-op
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 34963BR
JOB SUMMARY: Collaborates with the Infection Control team to assist with daily surveillance, reporting and project implementation. Reporting to the physician director, this person is someone enrolled in either a Health Sciences Co-op program or a premed program and seeking additional hands-on experience in infection prevention and hospital operations.
* Performs observation and monitoring activities related to hand hygiene (approximately 32 hours/month).
* Assist with education of staff on hand hygiene including activities such as hand culturing of hospital staff, following up on culture results, observation, and education sessions.
* Participate in surveillance of resistant organisms, including interfacing with hospital staff regarding precautions.
* Assist with reporting of communicable diseases to the Department of Public Health.
* Vocational or Technical training in health sciences or premed required.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.