Insurance Product Specialist, Legal Research
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/29/2020
END DATE 8/18/2020
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Description
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Purpose of Role:
Utilize expertise of the United States Judicial system and case law to identify trends, research Property and Casualty insurance related topics, and support the development of ISO's legal analytics products.
Conduct independent legal research and analysis on insurance related topics including ongoing collaboration and coordinate with our internal subject matter experts and lines of business.
* Meet and share information with unit as necessary to receive clarifications, provide clarifications or to discuss special situations that may impact content or focus of research efforts.
* Provide complete/concise explanation of content to management.
* Create and present engaging, informative and accurate presentations (internal/external) as needed.
Proactively recommend enhancements to existing product topics, features and contours, including, operational and substantive product features and marketing collateral.
* Identify any possible enhancements to existing product topics and identify new topics through research.
* Provide input to management on existing and new product features, including dashboard visualization tool, general design and delivery of product data and marketing collateral.
* Collaborate with unit on responding to customer feedback on product features and offer insight and suggestions into solutions.
Data Aggregation of select case law data points, including, case law from independent research and from case law data provider.
* Manually enter reviewed case law data into excel or similar format.
* Otherwise effectively ensure product data is aggregated in a complete and comprehensive manner, especially select fields that are done through an automated process.
* Alert management to trends noticed through the review of case law.
Maintain an active presence in all stages of the product development process, including collaboration with business unit colleagues and software development personnel/IT.
* Attend meetings with IT and actively respond to any concerns and report back to Product Manager.
* Attend and assist in meetings with development partners, potential customers and existing customers, and actively participate in shaping responses and solutions to customer concerns and input.
* Collaborate, as needed, with various groups within Verisk that may be assisting in product data layering or integration. Attend meetings as needed.
A minimum of 5 years related experience in researching, reviewing and analyzing insurance-related case law or Juris Doctorate degree from accredited Law School.
Insurance related experience in claims, products, underwriting, legal or compliance preferred but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills with internal and external personnel.
Ability to set and meet deadlines in order to meet product development milestones. Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues in an easily digestible manner to colleagues and customers.
Travel as required (up to 15%)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.