Laundry Aide (part time: 3p-11p) 4/21/2020
Elderwood at Lockport
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Elderwood at Lockport is seeking a Laundry Aide for a part time opportunity.
This particular location is nestled in the tight-knit community of Lockport. Here, we offer a warm, home- like, team-oriented environment where our employees benefit from a robust employee appreciation program! Prizes and give-aways on the regular.
* Laundry team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing laundry support. This position is responsible for caring for facility linens and personal clothing of residents in a variety of ways including collecting, laundering, folding and returning the fresh, clean linens/clothing to the designated locations.
* This is for the evening shift: 3:00p-11:00p.
Position Duties include but are not limited to:
* Consistently demonstrates ElderWood Senior Care Core Values.
* Sort soiled linen or clothes into appropriate categories according to type, soiling, fabric and color.
* Label residents clothing and retain records of personal possesions of each resident.
* Assist in locating missing articles of clothing.
* Load washing machines, selects wash cycle, adds soaps, detergents, and bleaches.
* Transfer washed linen or clothes into dryers and start machine.
* Sort dry linen, and fold and prepare for delivery to designated areas within the facility.
* Prepare for delivery, and distribute personal garments of residents.
* Remove lint and dust from machines, and keep laundry area clean on a daily basis.
* Practice good infection control measures in the processing of laundry items and in personal habits.
* Handle responsibility for keeping compounds and hazardous substances properly stored.
* Assist with studies of new products or laundry methods when necessary.
* Arrives to work on time, regularly, and work as scheduled; responsible for own transportation.
* Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information and privacy when performing job duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
* Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Position-related experience preferred but not required.
* An interest in the laundry operation necessary.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions required.
* Respect for residents privacy and rights; respectful and dignified treatment of residents required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.