Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time (FT) 3/27/2020
Elderwood at Lockport
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Make a difference, even in crisis.
4, 8, 12 hour Shift Options
New WEEKLY Pay Schdeule
Elderwood at Lockport - a 5 star Medicare rated facility serving the geriatric population of WNY - is seeking a qualified and dedicated Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team of clinicians.
This particular location is nestled in the tight-knit community of Lockport. Here, we offer a warm, home-like, team-oriented environment where our employees benefit from a robust employee appreciation program! Prizes and give-a-ways on the regular.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Position Overview:
* As indispensable members of an interdisciplinary team, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) at Elderwood are charged with managing the daily clinical regimen of each resident and subacute patient. Our LPNs enjoy a unique opportunity to gain extensive clinical experience and provide advanced care in a home-like setting. State LPN license required.
We have availability on the following shift:
* Days: 7a-3p (full & part time options)
* Evening: 3p-11p (full & part time options)
* Overnights: 11p-7a (part time option)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
* Pass medications and give skilled treatments to assigned residents.
* Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
* Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
* Report to Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
* Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
* Maintain documentation regarding the care plans of residents in the Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
* Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
* Perform other work tasks as assigned by the Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse.
Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with a current state license required.
Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required. * Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
Elderwood at Lockport is a 126 bed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population in Western New York - is newly upgraded to a 5 star Medicare facility. This particular location is nestled in the tight-knit community of Lockport. We offer comprehensive,personalized orthopedic,cardiac and post-surgical rehab programs,including physical,occupational and speech therapy. This facility boasts a warm,home-like,team-oriented environment where our employees benefit from a robust employee appreciation program!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.