Manager, Circuit Design and Provisioning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/26/2020
END DATE 8/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONMercury Z is a leading solutions company in the telecommunications industry. We are always on the look-out for talented individuals. In order to provide extraordinary solutions to our customers, we need to work with extraordinary people to create and deliver them, people like you.
We are looking for a Manager to lead a Circuit Design and Provisioning team in support of our client. The circuit design and provisioning team is responsible for more than just customer ethernet circuits. The team will be responsible for all Circuit designs, Layer 1 Provisioning, Layer 2 Provisioning, Layer 3 Provisioning including Managed Router and IAD provisioning and Optical Test and Turn Up. The Manager will also work very closely with the Network Activation and Migration teams. This position will report to the Director of CCED&P
The Circuit Design Team is responsible for designing all DSx, Message/E911 trunking, OCx, SONET, DWDM and Ethernet Broadband and Virtual Circuits associated with all Customer and Network Orders. They are responsible for maintaining all M6 Network systems associated with our Customer, Core and IOF networks including, HSI Networks, SONET Networks, DWDM Networks, Ethernet Networks, VOIP Networks and Video Networks.
The Circuit Provisioning team is responsible for Optical Ring Provisioning and Turn-up, all Layer 1 transport provisioning in all areas where remote access to the devices is available, Layer 2 Provisioning for all Commercial Switched Ethernet Products as well as the associated SLA provisioning and Birth Certificate testing and the Layer 3 provisioning associated with the EIA Ethernet Product and managed router and IAD Provisioning associated with the EIA and SIP Ethernet Products.
This is a remote position.
JOB FUNCTIONS: * Develop staffing requirements
* Develop Job Descriptions
* Post and hire staff
* Develop understanding of current processes
* Develop new processes where needed
* Develop roles and responsibilities
* Develop training requirements, execute training plans
* Manage day to day operation of staff
* Develop metrics reporting
* Partner cross functionally to streamline all processes
JOB DUTIES: * must be able to track a large number of projects
* must be able to prioritize based on numerous variables
* must be comfortable leading a team
* be able to lead remote employees (off-site)
* strong organizational skills
* be available off-hours for escalations
* must be able to apply correct resources to escalations in a timely manner
* provide constructive feedback to team members (ad-hoc and formal review process)
* be able to mentor/train less experienced personnel or other departments
* have experience with developing and providing metrics
* have experience with managing and speaking to customers
* must be able to work flexible hours
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: * Minimum 5+ years experience in Circuit Design and Provisioning work group
* Applicant must have a basic understanding of Ethernet switching and related protocols
* Applicant should have experience in: IP Subnetting, Network Design, VoIP, DSL technologies.
* Applicant must have knowledge of and practical experience in the use of TCP/IP, Ethernet, DSL technologies, and their related network designs
* Applicant must have a basic understanding of Bonded Copper, Bonded T1, Ethernet over SONET, DS3 Multiplexing, SONET, WDM, GPON and ROADM theory.
* Experience with provisioning or troubleshooting the following equipment is a plus: Cisco Routers (7200-12000 series, ASR9000), Juniper Routers (M, MX and E series), Alcatel-Lucent Switches (7450, 7210, 7750), DSLAMS (Calix, Alcatel, Adtran)
* Basic knowledge of different vendors and equipment: Alcatel-Lucent - 7210, 7450, 7750, Adtran - TA5000, TA500x, 8044, 800 series NID s, Calix C7, E7, Actelis - ML2300, ML1300, ML230, ML130, ML600 series NID s, Canoga/RAD NID s, Cisco Switches/Routers, Juniper MX480, MX960, BTI PVX cards, Ciena 3930, 3916, 5150, Fujitsu Series, Tellabs/Coriant ROADM, NANO, MTERRA
* Trouble Shooting Skills
* M6 Circuit Design Experience is desirable
* Written, oral and presentation skills are critical to the position. This position interacts with various engineering departments, Field and CO Operations teams as well as account executives and customers daily.
* Scripting/Programming skills are a plus
CERTIFICATIONS A PLUS: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VoIP, MEF, UNIX
Powered by JazzHR