Mechanic (Car) - Davenport, IA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/16/2020
JOB DESCRIPTION* Req ID: 78295
* Department: Mechanical Car
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Position Type: Union
* Location: Davenport, Iowa
* Country: United States
* # of Positions: 2
* Compensation Rate: $29.2791/hour
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 08/14/2020
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
* Responsible for performing various mechanical functions including car inspection, maintenance and repair. This position is accountable to the Working Foreman;
* Perform car maintenance and repair functions;
* Car inspection
* Car repair
* Derailment operations
* AAR billing
* Improves employee relations;
* Attends safety meetings
* Participates in employee relations meetings
* Attends Mechanical training
* Must be familiar with Federal Railroad Administrations laws as well as railroad operations;
* A working knowledge of car inspection and repair and the willingness and ability to learn mechanical repair and maintenance skills is essential;
* Must posses the ability to climb ladders, use hand tools, and work in confined spaces such as Roundhouse pits, generator rooms and electrical cabinets;
* This position requires working outside in all weather conditions, to climb inside and outside of freight cars, able to operate heavy equipment, cranes, forklifts, jacking equipment and specialty equipment;
* Must be able to obtain a commercial drivers license;
* Heavy lifting is required.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
Completive company pension plan * Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
Criminal history check
Last 3 years of driving history
Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service * Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.