Newborn Hearing Screening Tech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Per Diem:
The Department of Neonatology, consistent with the overall mission of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), is committed to providing personalized, high quality care to newborn patients and their families. The Department is committed to maintaining a stimulating, supportive environment for teaching and research that conveys and enhances knowledge of newborn health and care.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 35176BR
JOB SUMMARY: Performs hearing screening on newborns using an automated computer based screener, reports results to parents and clinicians,arranges post-discharge follow-up as needed, and assists with database management.
* Accurately identifies, locates, and transports newborns who need hearing screenings. Prepares babies for testing and performs automated auditory brainstem response tests.
* Documents hearing screening results in medical record. Appropriately informs nursery staff, physicians, and parents of hearing screening results. Schedules follow-up hearing evaluations, as needed.
* Identifies the need for limited equipment maintenance. Maintains supply distribution to multiple equipment locations.
* Assists in hearing screening data and database management.
* Performs daily charge entry into clinical computing system.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.