Online Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2020
END DATE 8/14/2020
Home Depot / THD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Purpose
At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Online Business Analyst provides web analytics on online data using various analytical tools to uncover trends and provide insight that will maximize HomeDepot.com online marketing efforts. Works with the Merchandising and Marketing departments to monitor online marketing programs, identify opportunities for optimizing campaigns and proactively alerting the team when programs deviate from expected results. Identifies underperforming areas of the site and opportunities to improve site performance. Works with various business teams to establish a cross-channel analytics process to optimize the navigational paths customers take to complete an order on HomeDepot.com. Analyzes and understands the key drivers of performance related to Homedepot.com's online objectives. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities* 30% - Responsible for updating and maintaining reporting on key performance indicators for distribution to senior leadership team
* 20% - Responsible for updating the channel plans for the various marketing channels and actively reporting back to the business partners successes and/or failures
* 20% - Manage off-shore and/or onshore analyst efforts for various reports including clickmap and department dashboard reporting
* 20% - Create new operational processes and improvements to ensure data collection and reporting accuracy, including documenting the new procedures
* 10% - Perform ad hoc reporting based on the business needs and extract the proper data from relevant THD systems
Nature and Scope* Position reports to Manager, Reporting & Analytics
* Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Environmental Job Requirements
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Minimum Qualifications* Must be eighteen years of age or older.
* Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications Education Required* The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years Physical Requirements* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Additional Qualifications Preferred Qualifications* Demonstrated business/financial modeling capabilities with tools such as SQL, Excel and Access
* Demonstrated skills in applying statistical analysis principles to business challenges
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others
* Prior experience in a business analyst role a plus
* Previous experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst) and related products
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies * Strong quantitative and analytical skills
* Effective presentation skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively across functions and departments
* Ability to deal with occasional off-hour calls effectively and professionally