Operations Supervisor - 12 hour nights- Buffalo, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/12/2020
END DATE 5/16/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The Operations Supervisor will lead, motivate, and develop employees to achieve outstanding manufacturing results, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Lean/TPM) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork. This role will work a 12 hour schedule, 3 on 3 off from 6PM - 6AM.
Buffalo is a multi-platform union facility with over 400 employees leading the safe, high quality production of a wide range of products. The plant supports the Cereal and Convenience and Food Service Operating Units.
* Establish and sustain sound relationships with all employees to foster an inclusive environment
* Educate, develop and motivate a manufacturing team to work toward zero loss achieving production results, improving individual technical skills, and enabling collaboration across boundaries
* Partner closely with the line teams to drive out losses and develop and engage team members in foundational systems
* Ensure the proper training, development and motivation of the team to maximize current and future performance
* Ensure that production facilities and finished products meet the company and government standards for safety, quality, and sanitation
* Function as a technical resource in areas of system operations and product requirements
* Facilitate the effective interchange of information between work groups, cross-functional resources, and other members of the plant and corporate teams
* Lead projects for the department including Human Safety, Food Safety, and Improvement-plan focused initiatives
* Manage the shift:
* On-shift safety, quality of product, execution of shift specific improvement plan actions
* Daily staffing
* Directing work of operators/technicians
* Shift Hand-offs
* Temp employee management
* Onboarding of employees
* Team Development
* Performance management and incentives
* Own accuracy and timeliness of performance metrics for shift
* Start-up and changeover execution
* High School diploma
* 2 + years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
* Bachelors degree
* Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change
* Demonstrated understanding of technology and providing solutions to technical challenges
* Strong conceptual skills and ability to implement change
* Sound analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
* Ability to plan, lead, and execute strategic initiatives in a complex environment
* Mature approach to challenging situations and environments
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.