Quality Control Inspector II (A Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/29/2020
END DATE 7/30/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONYOUR JOURNEY TO BUILDING A BETTER WORLD STARTS HERE!
We are now hiring full-time, production roles to support our Manufacturing site. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security application and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world.
At Plexus, you will be joining an global organization of over 19,000 employees teammates that have the opportunity to engineer, manufacture and service life-saving products, while gaining exposure to new technology. In our manufacturing environment you can expect light assembly work in a clean, bright, temperature-controlled facility.
Whether you re looking to start your manufacturing career or are an experienced manufacturer, you ll join a great team that is making a difference.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Performs routine and repetitive inspection procedures to ensure quality levels at various stages of production.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Adapts to changes (work plan, priority and management decision) in the work environment.
* Supports improvement initiatives and participates actively to improve work environment (example 5S).
* Looks for opportunities to improve work productivity and efficiency.
* Able to work cooperatively in a team and cross functional team(s) as needed.
* Able to maintain a level temperament in a stressful environment.
* Openly and proactively shares information, knowledge and experience with co-workers.
* Willing to take on additional assignments.
* Competent in required job knowledge and skills to perform assigned tasks.
* Able to apply new work requirements with minimal supervision.
* Is up-to-date on all certifications and training requirements for role.
* Consistently completes assignments or work requirements on time without compromising on quality.
* Uses time effectively to manage workload/tasks.
* Individual throughput goals are met.
* Understands and follows Plexus quality policy guidelines, customer specifications and adheres to regulatory compliance.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality standard is met.
* Looks for opportunities to improve quality and eliminate waste at work.
* Delivers work in a way that eliminates scrap or rework.
* Keeps supervisors informed and escalates issues when needed.
* Visually inspects products using a scope or other tools using lot sampling methods, first article checks, or (occasionally) 100% inspection.
* Reads drawings, ECOs, and Specifications/Work Instructions.
* Enters standardized information into GSF to indicate pass or failure of a board, and follows the appropriate next steps.
* Follows standardized written directions for assigned quality assurance inspection operations.
* Successfully uses Plexus systems including, but not limited to: GSF, Agile, Specifications/Work Instructions, ECOs/Deviations.
* Effectively manages documentation related to Certificates of Conformance.
* Independently seeks out component documentation as required using a variety of resources.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 0-25%).
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a High School diploma is required; an Associate s degree is preferred.
* Three (3) years of related experience is required; Three (3) or more years of related experience is preferred.
* IPC-A-610 CIS certification preferred.
* Intermediate manufacturing experience, including knowledge of workmanship standards, is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* Advanced reading, writing and math skills are required (i.e., 12th grade level)
* Inspection skills
* Knowledge of PCBA and HLA product builds
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of all company and customer information
* Must complete training for and become certified for Quality Assurance within six months of obtaining the position and must maintain QA certification to remain in the position
* Basic PC skills are required (i.e., keyboarding skills, basic mouse usage, opening and closing programs and files using MS Windows) and familiarity with applicable Plexus software packages
* Individual will be required to sit or stand for long periods of time
* Individual will be required to handle a PCB by turning it, flipping it, and angling it
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for use of computer monitor, keyboard and inspection equipment, and individual must meet the visual acuity requirements
* General office equipment and materials
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S. persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..