RN Director - Surgical Services - Perioperative Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
RN Director - Surgical Services - Perioperative Services
Ascension Seton Hays - Kyle,TX
Full Time Days
Preferred Experience: Must have MSN/Managed 5+ Operating Rooms/Level I or Level II Trauma experience/Understanding of Cardiothoracic Surgeries and broad knowledge of Sterile Processing/Infection Prevention regulatory requirements
Now Offering Sign-On/Relocation Bonuses at Ascension Seton Hays
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty.
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Director with Ascension Seton Hays, you will have the opportunity to direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for Surgical Services.
The Surgery Unit at Ascension Seton Hays has 6 surgical suites outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment and the capacity to expand to 8 suites in the future. Services include: Robotic Surgery using the latest DaVinci Xi Surgical Robot/Vascular/Total Joint Replacements/Orthopedics/Neuro Spine Surgery/Gynecology/General Surgery/Ear, Nose, and Throat/Cardiothoracic/Podiatry/Trauma Surgery/Plastics. We have about 400 cases a month with an in house team 24/7. Come join our high paced, high volume, high acuity Perioperative team!
* Develops departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
* Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
* Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and directs internal/external audits.
* Directs and evaluates all clinical activities, including care plan development, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
* Works collaboratively with physicians, administration and directors to develop streamlined operations where equipment, supplies and staff are utilized efficiently and resourcefully.
* Removes obstacles to achieving clinical quality, service excellence and financial effectiveness targets.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Required Credential(s):
* Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
* Master's degree or combination of Bachelor's degree and experience preferred.
* 5 years of experience required.
* 10 years of experience preferred.
* 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
* 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.