Recreation Activities Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/5/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Bristal Assisted Living
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt the present time we are looking for a creative, hands on RECREATION ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT to assist in presenting and coordinating recreational programs for our Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Residents.
Full Time Schedule requires working one weekend day per week. Part Time hours also available for varied day shift
EXPERIENCE: * One year prior experience working a geriatric population. (Alzheimer s/Dementia population experience a plus)
* At least 6 months of Recreation (art therapy, music therapy) or event leadership experience preferably in an Assisted Living/Long Term Care or similar industry setting
QUALIFICATIONS: * Outgoing, warm and caring personality
* Ability to create a program to get Residents involved and excited.
* Dependable and able to supervise activities, special events and excursions for the Residents
* Creative talents in one or more areas such as art, music, readings, dance, etc
* Well groomed and properly attired, professional attitude
* Speak clearly and demonstrates good listening skills in person and on the phone
* Proven ability to lead classes / instructional learning sessions and speak in front of a group setting with ease and clarity
* High school diploma or equivalent at a minimum