Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Position supports clinical director and training director. Half time residency and half time ambulatory psychiatry.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 35258BR
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates the approved residency and/or fellowship training programs for the department or division.
* Provides administrative support and coordinates the training program. Works with Program Directors to maintain and prepare materials, interviews, selections, orientations, and evaluations processes. Understands and applies institutional program guidelines to coordinate compliance requirements and update program material.
* Assists with production of manuals and websites, works with IS to utilize hospital web systems and templates. Assists with changes and improvements to current technical tools and liaisons with IS to ensure the systems are accessible to users.
* Develops, communicates, and revises schedules for rotations. Coordinates the evaluation system to collect data and organize timely feedback. Coordinates orientations and schedules meetings, functions and special events throughout the year.
* Coordinates affiliation agreements related to training programs and serves as a liaison between area hospitals. Compiles all program documentation and appropriate statistical data. Facilitates all associated administrative activities.
* Coordinates all aspects of the recruitment process and facilitates application/interview selection process. Processes all required documentation including licenses, visas and credentialing. Maintains record on all trainees in accordance with established requirements. Oversees data collection and ensures the accuracy of program databases.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.