Sonography Technologist | Ascension Calumet Hospital
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Sonography Technologist | Ultrasound
Ascension Calumet Hospital - Chilton WI
Part-Time Day Shift | 24 hours weekly | Hours are 6am-6pm every Thursday and Friday
**This is a Benefit Eligible position!!
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: AT ASCENSION, WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE THE FOUNDATION OF OUR WORK TO FULFILL OUR MISSION: OUR ASSOCIATES. WE OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE TO OUR ASSOCIATES INCLUSIVE OF MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, RETIREMENT, AND GENEROUS PTO. ASSOCIATES CAN ALSO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OTHER GREAT BENEFITS LIKE TUITION REIMBURSEMENT OR ADOPTION ASSISTANCE.
AFFORDABLE MEDICAL, VISION AND DENTAL COVERAGE
EIGHT PAID HOLIDAYS
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: WE KNOW THAT THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR ASSOCIATES IS KEY TO OUR MISSION OF PROVIDING THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE TO THOSE WE SERVE. WE HAVE VARIOUS IN-DEPTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS TO MEET YOU WHERE YOU ARE ON YOUR CAREER JOURNEY.
PAID TIME OFF: AS A NEW ASCENSION ASSOCIATE YOU WILL BEGIN TO ACCRUE PAID TIME OFF WITH YOUR FIRST PAYCHECK.
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT: AT ASCENSION, WE BELIEVE OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRENGTH AND WE INVEST IN THEM. IN ADDITION TO THE CHANCE TO HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE PEOPLE AND COMMUNITIES WE SERVE, ASSOCIATES BENEFIT FROM OUR TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM. YOU WILL ALSO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ONE OF FOUR ONLINE UNIVERSITIES PARTNERING WITH ASCENSION ASSOCIATES SEEKING A BACHELOR OR MASTER DEGREE; OFFERING THEM EITHER DISCOUNTS, SCHOLARSHIPS OR GO AT YOUR OWN PACE LEARNING OPTIONS.
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension s own group purchasing organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Associate with Ascension Calumet Medical Center, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
* Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
* Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
* Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
* Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
* Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
* Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
* Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
* Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)