Sonography Technologist - Vascular Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/28/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Sonograpy Technologist - Peripheral Vascular Lab
Part-Time - 32 hours per week, Days
St Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton, WI
*Work Schedule: Eight hours workdays with either 0700 or 0800 start time Monday through Friday
Rotating call on weeknights and weekends
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension s own group purchasing organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
* Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
* Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
* Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
* Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
* Ensures equipment is properly functioning.
* Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
* Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
* Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
* Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* One or more of the following:
* Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. General Radiography is also required in addition to Sonography. State Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Wisconsin Radiography Examining Board required within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of Sonography experience, or Associate's/Technical degree required
* None required.
* Echo and Vascular ultrasound experience preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement