Sr. Pricing Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/6/2020
END DATE 8/14/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY: FedEx Services
JOB TITLE: Sr. Pricing Analyst
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC269810
CATEGORY: Decision Science & Analytics
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205
Harrison, Arkansas 72601
Lakeland, Florida 33801
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
* Under limited supervision, develops and runs computer models and provides quantitative pricing analysis. Key contributor to analysis of complex business problems. Assumes analytics, optimization and business process engineering roles in support of global pricing strategies. Serves as a key team member in medium to high revenue threshold projects.
* Under limited supervision, develops computer models and provides complex quantitative pricing analysis.
* Key contributor to deriving business insights and analysis for business problems of high complexity.
* Serves as a key team member in cross-functional and cross-regional teams utilizing analytics, optimization and business process engineering methodologies in support of global pricing strategies.
* Serves as a key team member in high revenue threshold projects.
* Conducts complex pricing analysis and develops analytical tools utilizing advanced modeling techniques and database tools and approaches.
* Participates in cross-functional/regional projects to understand pricing and revenue science/analytics and engineering requirements across the enterprise.
* Develops cross-functional program and product roadmaps and project plans.
* Drives process engineering projects in collaboration with IT using software development paradigms (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
* Demonstrates excellence in computer aided modeling and decision support utilizing advanced programming languages (E.G.C, SAS, SQL, VB NET), relational database management systems or online analytical processing tools (E.G. CPLEX).
* Develops advanced tools, scientific models & statistical reports to track, analyze & optimize volume, revenue, yield and profitability.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
* One to Two years of experience in professional machine learning using SAS/Python on large datasets
* Experience with ML algorithms for Classification, regression and optimization such as K means clustering, neural networks, gradient descent etc.
* Comfort with model creation, validation, scoring and presenting results to non-technical audience
* Excellent data gathering and cleansing skills including SQL/NoSQL and external cleansing tools
* Experience with cloud (Azure/GCPD) and On-Prem (Oracle/Teradata) is helpful
* Attitude: Personal intellectual curiosity, innovator
* Ability to translate business context into fully scalable solution and risk-based insight
* Some experience in Data visualization tools such as Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau is preferred
* Master's degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, operations research, economics, finance or other quantitative area of business.
* Two (2) years of experience in a technical/quantitative position.
* One (1) year of experience or coursework with fourth-generation programming languages (like Unix, SQL, SAS or C), relational database management systems (like Oracle), or computer-aided decision support packages (like CPLEX) which analyze data and generate reports, presentations or quantitative insights. Strong human relations, communications, and analytical skills. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
DOMICILE / RELOCATION:
* The primary domicile location is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Other possible domicile locations are Lakeland, Florida; Harrison, Arkansas; Memphis, Tennessee; and New Berlin, Wisconsin. Relocation assistance may also be available based on business needs
* Upload current copy of Resume and answer job screening questionnaire to apply by 5:00 PM CST on August 12, 2020.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
* Fortune \\"World s Most Admired Companies\\" 2019
* Forbes \\"Best Employers for Diversity\\" - 2019
* Reputation Institute \\"World s Most Reputable Companies\\" 2019
* National Business Inclusion Consortium \\"Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion\\" - 2019
* Women s Business Enterprise National Council \\"America s Top Corporations for Women s Business Enterprises\\" - 2018
* Corporate Responsibility Magazine \\"100 Best Corporate Citizens\\" 2018
* Black Enterprise \\"50 Best Companies For Diversity\\" 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.