Tank Farm Loader - Geismar
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 9/26/2020
Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
This position is located in Geismar, LA.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Control and monitor transfers of the various bulk liquid fine chemicals stored and handled at the facility. Physically establish connections between the facility's transfer lines, vessels, barges, rail cars and trucks.
2. Understand printed load orders and confirm that the proper quantities are transferred by utilizing flow meters, batch controllers, tank gauging systems, etc. Assist in generating the proper transfer documentation and shipping documents.
3. When necessary, verify automated tank gauging systems with tape gauges and volume calculations.
4. Open and close motor operated and manual valves. Activate and monitor product transfer pumps. Monitor tank and line heating systems.
5. Empty transfer lines by means of "pigging".
6. Perform first level mechanical maintenance on pumps, valves, filters, loading arms, etc.
7. Assist in responding to terminal emergencies such as spills and fire.
8. The position will be performed in shift rotation.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
1. Proven experience in field operations, preferably in the chemical or petro chemical industry.
2. Capable of participating in the terminal emergency response organization.
3. Depending upon the product transferred, it may be necessary to wear respiratory equipment and PPE.
4. Willingness to work overtime and irregular hours when necessary.
5. Valid driver's license.
6. Ability to work over water and at heights.
7. The large scale of the operation and the extensive layout of the facility require that the labor force have good physical fitness, including but not limited to, the ability to walk through uneven terrain and to climb stairs and ladders. Furthermore, because the facility and adjoining facilities handle hazardous materials, the labor force must be able to evacuate quickly from any location of the facility without assistance in an emergency.
8. Professional safety training and or experience in industrial firefighting.
9. Computer literacy and I or experience with automated control and monitoring systems.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment