Terminal Manager - Bayonne 7/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Position located in Bayonne, NJ.
Purpose of the job: The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and profitable operation of a 16 million-barrel omni-modal liquid bulk storage and terminal facility. The incumbent will be the business leader for all functional areas in the terminal including operations, maintenance, safety, environmental, procurement, and engineering. He or she will be responsible for more than 350 employees in a complex environment whose services are critical to trade and commerce in the strategic New York Harbor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Develop a high performing team aligned around a common vision and goals, with a bias for action and laser-like focus on execution of the business improvement plan and a passion for development of people and succession planning
* Deliver safe, compliant, reliable, efficient, and profitable operations
* Be a safety leader, always leading by example, and championing safety programs to deliver best in class safety performance
* Ensure we are good neighbors and continue to operate at the pleasure of the community
* Provide excellent service to all customers and ensure all employees are good stewards of their products
* Champion implementation of the IMTT Operating Discipline Program that defines best practice procedures, training, and operating cadence
* Monitor company polices and procedures and ensure they are revised as needed to ensure safety and compliance with company and customer needs
* Provide vision and strategy to the terminal in line with company goals
* Standardize operating philosophies and management practices across the terminal in order to eliminate gaps and risk
* Provide guidance and tools to ensure the terminal meets financial targets
* Work closely with teams outside of the direct chain of command to optimize performance, secure growth opportunities, and reduce risk
* Drive continuous improvement through key performance indicators and data analysis
* Ensure that all terminal employees are coached, trained, and mentored as needed
* Foster a collaborative working relationship with the union based on trust and focused on ensuring the long-term stability of the business
* Manage hiring, labor issues, and employee performance to include negotiation of collective bargaining unit contracts
* Cultivate and maintain relationships with government officials, community action groups, and regulatory agencies
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
* 15 years of operational leadership experience, preferably in the same or related industry of handling petroleum and chemicals
* Proven change leader with a history of driving significant change in a union environment
* Strong leadership and engagement skills
* Impeccable safety record
* Knowledge of and experience working with regulatory programs and agencies: Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Federal Railroad Administration, Department of Transportation, and US Coast Guard
* Knowledge of Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration regulations
* Knowledge of petroleum and chemical facility best practices and standards (such as American Petroleum Institute and International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals)
* Experience and leadership track record are mandatory.
* Technical undergraduate degree is preferred
* Master of Business Administration is a plus
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
* Valid driver s license
* Transportation Worker Identification Card
* Possess unquestionable integrity and ethics
* Safety first mindset towards operations
* Setting Strategy: Communicates a clear and purposeful vision and makes sound decisions that balance both short- and long-term goals while managing a variety of factors.
* Executing for Results: Sets compelling goals with aggressive schedules, implement processes and systems to optimize the business. Translate mission and vision into actionable plans and hold teams accountable for delivering results.
* Leading Teams: Persistent, visible, and active sponsor and catalyst for the mission. Positive leadership presence and establish credibility within any group, from shift worker to board member.
* Building Relationships and Using Influence: Forges strong teams across diverse groups. Celebrates individual and team milestones and victories. Leverage interpersonal skills and relationships to resolve issues with employees, customers, and suppliers. Able to operate effectively in less structured environments while instilling great discipline and rigor without undermining entrepreneurial spirt.
* Financial Acumen: Well versed in business finance and developing and managing budgets (capital, revenue, and operating). Familiar with methods of cost control in high risk operational activities. Able to balance requirements from requests and satisfy various stakeholders in execution of the budget.
* Personal Competencies: Has strong leadership qualities and superb communication skills. Analytical, systems-oriented with strong process discipline.
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
* Computers and software.
* Two-way radios.
* Typical office equipment
* Company vehicles
* Safety equipment
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
* Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
* Ability to work in an office environment.
* Ability to work in field environment and climb stairways to the top of 60 ft storage tanks.
* Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all management and non-management personnel.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment