Terminal Manager - Lemont 7/17/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Position located in Lemont, IL.
Purpose of the job:
The incumbent will serve as the Terminal Manager for IMTT s Lemont and Joliet facilities located in Illinois. The Lemont facility is a liquid bulk storage and packaging facility with 900,000 barrels of storage and 148 tanks serviced by tractor trailers, barges, and railcars. Similarly, the Joliet facility is a liquid bulk storage facility with 800,000 barrels of storage and 71 tank serviced by the same modes of transportation. The two facilities employ 115 people including members of a collective bargaining unit. The incumbent will:
* Provide quality terminal and packaging services to our customers through efficient and profitable operations with due regard to the safety of the personnel and compliance with all applicable regulations
* Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Director of Operations; Director of Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security; Director of Administration; and Director of Engineering; and Director of Quality as well as other key management personnel.
* Identify, record, and resolve problems to the quality system.
* Initiate, provide, implement, and verify solutions to quality problems
* Minimize negative impacts to the environment in all areas of operation
* Ensure continuous improvement in all areas including quality, health, safety and environmental.
* Coordinate sales efforts with the Marketing department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Ensure safe and environmentally compliant operations.
* Provide excellent service to all customers and ensure all employees are good stewards of their products.
* Monitor company polices and procedures and ensure they are revised as needed to ensure safety and compliance with company and customer needs.
* Provide vision and strategy to the terminal in line with company goals.
* Standardize operating philosophies and management practices across the terminal in order to eliminate gaps and risk.
* Provide guidance and tools to ensure the terminal meets financial targets.
* Work closely with teams outside of the direct chain of command to optimize performance, secure growth opportunities, and reduce risk.
* Drive continuous improvement through key performance indicators and data analysis.
* Ensure that all terminal employees are coached, trained, and mentored as needed.
* Manage hiring, labor issues, and employee performance to include negotiation of collective bargaining unit contracts.
* Cultivate and maintain relationships with government officials, community action groups, and regulatory agencies.
* Monitor labor contracts and ensure that they are applied fairly and consistently.
* Ensure that all Engineering policies and procedures are being followed and that standards are maintained.
* Responsible for the preparation of annual budgets.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
* 10 years of operational leadership. Preferably in the same or related industry of handling petroleum and/or chemicals.
* Proven people management skills, the position will require constant employee engagement.
* Impeccable safety record.
* Knowledge of and experience working with regulatory programs and agencies at a minimum: Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, local environmental agencies, Federal Railroad Administration, Department of Transportation, and US Coast Guard.
* Knowledge of petroleum and chemical facility best practices and standards (such as American Petroleum Institute and International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals.
* Technical undergraduate degree is preferred; however, experience and leadership track record will be considered. Master of Business Administration is a plus.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
* Valid driver s license
* Transportation Worker Identification Card
* Setting Strategy: Communicates a clear and purposeful vision and makes sound decisions that balance both short- and long-term goals while managing a variety of factors.
* Executing for Results: Sets compelling goals with aggressive schedules, implement processes and systems to optimize the business. Translate mission and vision into actionable plans and hold teams accountable for delivering results.
* Leading Teams: Persistent, visible, and active sponsor and catalyst for the mission. Positive leadership presence and establish credibility within any group, from shift worker to board member.
* Building Relationships and Using Influence: Forges strong teams across diverse groups. Celebrates individual and team milestones and victories. Leverage interpersonal skills and relationships to resolve issues with employees, customers, and suppliers. Able to operate effectively in less structured environments while instilling great discipline and rigor without undermining entrepreneurial spirt.
* Financial Acumen: Well versed in business finance and developing and managing budgets (capital, revenue, and operating). Familiar with methods of cost control in high risk operational activities. Able to balance requirements from requests and satisfy various stakeholders in execution of the budget.
* Personal Competencies: Has strong leadership qualities and superb communication skills. Analytical, systems-oriented with strong process discipline. Possess unquestionably integrity and ethics. Safety first mindset toward operations.
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
* Computers and software.
* Two-way radios.
* Typical office equipment
* Company vehicles
* Safety equipment
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
* Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
* Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
* Ability to work in an office environment.
* Ability to work in field environment, climb stairways to the top of 60 ft storage tanks, work outside in all weather conditions, and carry up to 50 lbs on occasion.
* Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all management and non-management personnel
* Travel regularly between facilities and quarterly to regional and corporate headquarters.
* Will work after hours and on weekends as needed.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment