Academic Services Manager 9/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY StraighterLine.com, an innovative online education product that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a motivated, tech-savvy leader to drive and develop our industry-leading qualitative assessment program by recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and working with our growing team of evaluators, faculty, and subject matter experts.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES * Ensure quality of StraighterLine faculty, and oversee the faculty recruitment, hiring, and training process
* Manage and ensure the efficient operation of StraighterLine's industry-leading college-level writing program
* Adapt, develop, and recommend academic policies that prepare students for transfer to accredited institutions
* Ensure that courses continue to receive ACE CREDIT recommendation and coordinate with ACE staff to schedule and execute regular course reviews
* Apply expertise in curriculum and instructional practices to existing StraighterLine courses in order to increase student completion and satisfaction
* Stay current with online educational industry trends to ensure StraighterLine courses remain competitive and best-in-class
* Additional duties as required, including student correspondence and technical course support as necessary
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE * Candidates should have an advanced degree (Ph.D preferred) and experience in online curriculum development and assessment
* 3+ years working in higher education or higher education support services
* 3+ years college-level online or face-to-face instruction
* Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff
* Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems and improve operational efficiency through collaboration, workflow optimization, or policy changes.
* Ability to work autonomously, be a self-starter, and dedicated to completing daily activities thoroughly and consistently
* Intermediate level computer skills (working with web-based learning management and content management, customer relationship management, or student information systems), Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback to staff and students in a professional and timely manner
* Comfortable working with numbers, making projections, and communicating applicable information to internal staff
This position is salaried, full-time, and based in Federal Hill, Baltimore, MD.