Account Executive - Labor Affairs III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/17/2020
END DATE 6/6/2020
Blue Cross and Blue shield of Massachusetts
JOB DESCRIPTIONREADY TO HELP US TRANSFORM HEALTHCARE? BRING YOUR TRUE COLORS TO BLUE.
Manages renewal process for existing business and seeks opportunities to expand medical and ancillary membership. You will retain and grow business through consultative selling; needs analysis, solution presentation, pricing and excellence in execution. This is a relationship based, multi-level sales process which includes the fund administrator and the board of trustees. Sales include medical, Rx, dental & ancillary through consultants, brokers, and on a direct fund basis.
1. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Uses strong consultative, solutions based selling skills, ability to build relationships, influence decision-making, and negotiate sales to meet or exceed forecast and goals for territory; medical, dental and ancillary.
* Ensure the timely and accurate development of responses to RFPs.
* Accurately predict growth and retention of Health and Welfare accounts.
* Responsible for relationship building and management with key brokers, consultants and accounts to leverage the position of BCBSMA in the marketplace to achieve objectives for retention and growth to labor entities.
* Build and maintain strong understanding of labor market by participating in local and state Labor activities.
* Understands self-funded and premium financial arrangements.
* Develop and implement short term and multi-year sales strategies.
* Strong presentation and analytical skills.
* Develops and delivers proposals and presentations to accounts, labor leaders and consultants/brokers.
* Manages the renewal process through negotiating pricing and coordination with other internal department (E.g. Marketing, Underwriting, Finance, Service and Product Management)
* Demonstrate competitor and industry knowledge conversing and presenting to client base.
* Partners with Account Service Representative to deliver concierge level service to all accounts at all times and assures resolution of service issues
* Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners (UW, Billing etc.)
* After-hours and weekend meetings and events required.
* Use knowledge of BCBSMA products, financial arrangements, underwriting guidelines, etc. to ensure that accounts' questions and concerns are addressed.
* Responsible for managing the renewal cycle for assigned renewals including complete needs analysis, proposed solutions, negotiating pricing, closing deals, and excellence in implementing onboarding of new product lines.
* Must demonstrate effective organizational, time management and prioritization skills in order to consistently meet deadlines and performance and activity standards.
* Accomplishes goals through influencing cross-functional relationships over which the Account Executive exerts no direct control
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
* Manages the renewal cycle; needs analysis, solution presentation, rating and implementation within often aggressive deadlines
* Work requires analytical and policy interpretation, independent problem solving and issue resolution; over time, infrequently refers to leader for guidance
* Responsible to leader and to matrixed relationships for work performed cross-functionally
* Displays Teamwork and professionalism in all interactions internally and externally
* Drives resolution of issues and approvals cross functionally through consensus building
* Provides work direction to the assigned account service representative
* Creates value add benefits with each prospect contact
* Directly influences revenue generation
* The face of BCBSMA to accounts, consultants, labor and brokers
* Strong consultative selling skills: ability to build relationships, persuade, influence decision-making, negotiate sales
* Massachusetts Life, Accident and Health producer s license to be obtained within 90 days of start date and specified requirements met to maintain active license status.
* Valid driver s license and personal vehicle.
* Ability to set and maintain work standards that clearly exceed the norm.
* Team player, effective communicator, persuasive and professional demeanor
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to relate to customers and relate to their needs
* Ability to ensure trust, high sense of integrity and ethics.
* Capacity to make and keep commitments.
* Keep updated on current affairs
* BS/BA degree preferred.
* 5-7 years professional business experience.
* 3-5 years account management experience preferred.
Boston, Hingham, Quincy, Worcester
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.