Account Manager 11/22/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Do you excel at building lasting relationships? Do you understand that sales is more about showing your customer the value proposition, than the price? Do you have experience selling industrial products? IF YOU JUST ANSWERED YES TO THESE THREE QUESTIONS, WE MAY HAVE JUST THE ROLE YOU HAVE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT!
Airgas Specialty Products (ASP) is the premier US industrial ammonia supplier for denox metal treatment, water treatment, chemical processing and ammonia refrigeration applications. ASP is currently seeking an Account Manager to OWN their business in DC, MD, NJ, NY, PA and VA. We are an entrepreneurial company and need someone who will run the business like it is their own business. You will be responsible for enhancing partnerships with your existing customers, building rapport and relationships with prospective customers and maintaining gross margin. Candidates must have the ability to convert prospects into long-term Airgas customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain and enhance relationships with current customers.
* Develops, maintains and builds relationships with prospects to keep the sales funnel full. This will include preparing complex bids which showcase our overall value proposition.
* Prepare quotes, supply agreements and internal documentation for orders obtained.
* Prepares reports of business transactions and expense accounts.
* Develop and maintain strong internal business relationships with operations.
* Generate a written territory business plan on a regular basis.
* Maintain sales activity reports through Excel and our internal customer information system.
* Overnight travel required to manage sales territory via car and some air travel.
* Remain flexible to take on other key assignments as requested
To perform this job successfully an individual must work smart, exhibit strong time management skills, develop strong relationships and have good sales skills in negotiations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience in selling industrial, food or chemicals to businesses.
Related technical knowledge/aptitude is a plus.
AIRGAS OFFERS A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES: MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE INSURANCE, AD&D, SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE, VACATION, SICK, PAID HOLIDAYS, 401(K) RETIREMENT PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND MUCH MORE!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is one of the countrys largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases. As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality productsbut we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locationsbranches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centerschances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability