Account Manager, Genomics 1/14/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join the fast-paced, high energy Genomics team within Agilent's Genomics and Diagnostics Group as an Account Manager covering FL and SC geographies. The market for Agilent's Genomics products continues to enjoy significant growth through the development and launch of high value products associated with technology platforms such as microarrays, Next Generation Sequencing, qPCR/PCR, Bioanalyzer/TapeStation, and molecular biology reagents.
* Driving sales of high-performance Genomic products and services in a defined territory.
* Defined territory includes academic, biotech/pharma, applied markets and commercial accounts.
* Effectively prospects to find and close new opportunities in both existing and new accounts. Excels in competitive conversion.
* Develop and maintain strategic buying relationships with customers; works to sign long-standing purchasing or unilateral agreements.
* Conduct presentations and product usage demos, either with and without support of your Field Application Engineer business partners.
* Focus on strategic products application solutions at your accounts including:
* NGS Target Enrichment reagents including Agilent's HaloPlex, SureSelect Target Enrichment system and panels, and amplicon-based NGS panels.
* Gene Expression microarray analysis.
* qPCR/PCR instruments and chemistries.
* Electrophoretic biomolecule separations for sample QC.
* Laboratory automation including dedicated NGS target enrichment workflows.
* Contribute to developing effective strategies and tactics that will enable Agilent to gain market share in FL and SC.
* Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customers' needs.
* Participate and be an active member in southeast regional discussion groups and forums.
* Understand the Genomics market within the Government, Non-Profit, Pharma/Biotech, and Applied Markets customer base and industries.
* Should be able to recognize macro and micro-level trends impacting Agilent product sales.
* Represent Agilent to the customer and the customer to the company.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Sales: Responsible for generating existing and/or new sales for assigned named accounts or assigned geographic, territory, industry or accounts list, or for identifying and recruiting strategic partners to embed and/or resell company products. Promotes and sells products and/or solutions to current or new customers/partners and informs customers of new product introductions. Creates monitors and revises lead generation plans. Responsible for developing customers and maintaining their satisfaction. Maintains positive ongoing long-term relationships with key customers.
* Proactively acts to understand customer needs and identify solutions to non-standard tasks/queries; actively creates business opportunities
* Determines and develops approaches to sales assignments to achieve quota/ strategies
* Leads projects requiring coordination with other functions, organizations
* Solves a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity
* 4+ years related direct sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling against a quota.
* Bachelors/Master or other university degree within the science field -- e.g. chemistry, analytical chemistry biochemistry, biotechnology or similar; may consider applicants with equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
* Solid self-management and organizational and prioritization skills.
* Knowledge of NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) and DNA targeted enrichment strategies.
* Experience with next generation sequencing, PCR (polymerase chain reaction), qPCR (quantitative polymerase chain reaction) and/or biomolecule separations (bioanalyzer) highly desired.
* Experience with DNA microarrays a plus.
* Industry/Application expertise. Working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, value propositions, price points).
* Ability to work within a team selling environment of specialists.
* Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal/external customers.
* Demonstrated commercial selling skills. Strong business development and sales closing skills.
* Effective interpersonal communication and telephone sales skills.
* Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
* Preferred location: Near a major airport
* Requires a valid Driver's License in good standing.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled