Account Manager- Great Lakes Region 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
Matthews Marking Systems, a leader in Marking and Coding Technologies, is seeking an Account Manager for a territory that includes Michigan, Northern Ohio, and Northern Indiana. Matthews supplies industrial marking and coding solutions to a wide variety of industries including, plastics, rubber, metals, building products, automotive, consumer products, packaging, and glass.
This position requires a motivated Account Manager with a \\"consultative sales\\" approach to prospect and qualify leads, define and quote systems and equipment, present complicated systems in a straightforward way, overcome objections, and close sales. The ability and confidence to sell to VP/Plant management level is necessary. Experience in a technical and solution-based selling model and prior industrial sales experience is preferred. The candidate will be based in the Great Lakes region. ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT:
* Meeting a sales budget by planning time and activity, executing activity, and following through with internal operations and customers.
* Achieving budgeted sales objectives set for the assigned territory. Self-manage time and activity to ensure objectives are on track.
* Managing expenses at or below budgeted levels.
* Acting as the primary contact for all accounts in the sales territory.
* Gathering and documenting specifications needed for standard and custom applications for equipment.
* Organizing and maintaining sales, product, and pricing information needed to initiate, quote, and close sales.
* Presenting custom as well as standard quotations to customers in accordance with the guidelines set by the division.
* Participating in training and personal learning to become an expert in Marking & Coding technologies.
* Preparing, implementing, and monitoring individual marketing and territory sales plans.
* Investigating and communicating field problems through the use of FTR's and other communications to ensure total customer satisfaction.
DO YOU ENJOYING COLLABORATING WITH?
* Decision Makers
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
* Following up and reporting results on all advertising, internet, and trade show leads.
* Ability to use Salesforce.com to forecast, track, and close opportunities.
* Prospecting with companies perceived to have marking requirements based on successful installations.
* Maintaining all company assets in good working order. Communicate with the regional sales manager the status of all company assets and loan account equipment. It is also the responsibility of the Account Manager to have a home office for filing and maintaining customer records for his/her territory.
* Taking personal ownership of a regional territory and delivering results that exceed your customers expectations.
* Exceeding a yearly quota for business growth.
* Participating in regional and national trade shows within assigned product responsibilities as required by the division.
* Gaining competitive pricing/functional feedback and report to regional sales manager and product marketing staff in Pittsburgh.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field
* Proven track record of technical outside sales success in an electro-mechanical related field.
* 6+ years of progressive business experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Regular travel locally within the territory and occasional travel nationally will be required
* A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
#LI-BS PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
Matthews Marking Systems is a global supplier of printing solutions for product identification, branding, and traceability. We offer robust and reliable systems of unmatched quality for marking needs across packaging and industrial applications, including a full line of high-resolution inkjet, laser, and drop-on-demand valve jet technologies, high-performance inks, and integrated solutions for marking and coding automation. With over 160 years of marking and coding experience, we ve established a global reputation as a premier innovator and manufacturer in the marking and coding industry. Matthews Marking Systems is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.