Account VP, Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/16/2019
END DATE 7/6/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position is aligned to a geographic or other territory. The Account Vice President has senior level responsibility for generating new clients. Key elements to successfully managing an assigned territory are building a strong sales pipeline, advancing sales opportunities and growing relationships with unidentified accounts.
Identifies business opportunities by:
* Generating new leads and prospects through prospecting, conducting initial research and phone contact
* Prospecting qualified sales leads from other sources including inside sales, trade show, etc.
* Leading new business development efforts
* Managing corporate meetings and exhibitions
* Representing Bioclinica, Inc. at local, national and international meetings pertinent to public relations and future business development
Develops and secures business by:
* Generating Request for Proposals (RFPs) based on new clients
* Writing business and technical proposals
* Negotiating client contracts
* Closing deals profitably
Maintains relationships with clients by:
* Providing support, information and guidance
* Recommending new opportunities
* Recommending profit and service improvements
* Establishing and maintaining industry and client contacts for continuing good relations and business opportunity development
* Developing and maintaining client profiles including updating contacts management system
Maximizes market penetration by:
* Ensuring ongoing understanding of Bioclinica, Inc. services, services offered by competitors and market/industry trends
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by:
* Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Assisting in establishing and enforcing departmental standards
* Participating in the modification of company SOPs related to Business Development
Contributes to team effort by:
* Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization and departmental processes
* Helping others to achieve results
* Performing other duties as assigned
Maintains Technical Knowledge by:
* Attending and participating in applicable company-sponsored training
* Maintaining a strong understanding of Industry trends and applicable technology
Bachelors degree, or equivalent, required
Sales/Business Development training preferred
8+ years pharmaceutical/CRO/medical sales experience required
8+ years clinical research experience preferred
8+ years life sciences cloud technology experience preferred
Knowledge of Cardiovascular Safety services (Electrocardiography, Blood Pressure, Cardiac Imaging modalities preferred.
Operations experience in clinical trials preferred
Thorough knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical industry, terminology and practices
Proven ability in presenting and negotiating
Additional skill set:
Ability to work independently or in team setting; ability to adjust to changing priorities
Strong presentation and negotiating skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
Travel: 30-50% (some weekends required)
Other: Computer work for long periods of time
This position description should not be deemed all inclusive. Additional requirements and expectations may be assigned. At all times, employees are expected to adhere to company policies and company SOPs..
Bioclinica is an equal opportunity employer. Bioclinica evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.