This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/2/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
FlightSafety Services Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition 18914
Location: Denver, CO Denver , Colorado 80249 , United States (US)
This position is currently located in Centennial, CO, but will be relocate to Denver, near Pena Blvd. and Tower Road, on March 9, 2020.
The Accountant is responsible for the timely preparation of monthly financial statements and account reconciliations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Performs the monthly closing process for the computer-based accounting system.
* Prepares and distributes financial statements, job cost reports, and month end financial reports.
* Prepares and posts into the computer system recurring and adjusting journal entries to record the financial activity of FlightSafety Services Corporation each month. This includes, but is not limited to, accruals of various expense accounts, reclassifications of account balances, expensing of prepaid items, and various allocation entries.
* Reviews and posts journal entries, cash receipts and invoices to the computerized accounting system.
* Processes journal entries and journals created from subsidiary ledgers. Maintains control and integrity of accounting records for the financial closing process.
* Prepares annual property tax reports and processes payments. Backup for sales and use tax reports.
* Prepares assigned account reconciliations.
* Backs-up the maintenance of fixed asset system and inventory.
* Prepares or assists with monthly health insurance reconciliations and check requests. Assists, as needed, with audit requests, incurred costs, and other special projects.
* Verifies Financial Information scanned into Docushare.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
* Basic knowledge of Windows applications.
* Working knowledge of accounting and job cost accounting concepts.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks, and schedules.
* Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Formal Training:
Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field or four years combination of education, experience, and training, in addition to what is listed below.
Three years of experience with general ledger and general accounting.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.