Accountant, Senior Lease 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
Advance your career with a leader in the wireless industry!
Rise Broadband is the nation's largest fixed wireless network. We are dedicated to providing reliable high-speed Internet and phone service, which enables customers to connect with the people and things they value most.
Providing a great customer experience is what we strive to do here at Rise Broadband. But Rise has more to offer including - competitive pay, benefits, a fun work environment and career advancement opportunities. Many of our supervisors and managers began on our front lines answering calls or performing customer installations. We believe diversity is our greatest strength. Rise Broadband is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and an affirmative action employer.
The Senior Lease Accountant is a member of the Corporate Accounting team and reports to the Accounting Manager. This role is responsible for reviewing and inputting large volumes of lease data into the lease management tool and monitoring the system for completeness and accuracy, while assisting Accounts Payable in ensuring proper payments are made monthly. The Senior Lease Accountant will prepare detailed general ledger account balance reconciliations to support related balances each month. The Senior Lease Accountant will also develop new processes and procedures for increased efficiency and accuracy in lease accounting and reporting.
* Facilitate the review of new leases/amendments and setup within the lease management tool.
* Manage the continuous review of lease data for completeness and accuracy within the lease management tool.
* Record monthly journal entries and prepare details of general ledger account reconciliations to support each balance sheet account balance including prepaid and deferred rent and rent expense.
* Document and communicate reconciling items on a timely basis so all ledger balances are adjusted and accurately maintained.
* Prepare ad hoc reports as required to support team and/or management needs.
* Follow GAAP and other professional accounting standards.
* Work closely with external auditors to complete interim and annual audit requests, supporting schedules, and process documentation.
* Prepare footnote schedules and disclosures required for the annual report.
* Review financial results with Corporate Controller, Procurement, and Accounting team.
* Document and assist in the implementation of internal control processes related to lease administration and accounting.
* Perform periodic audits of internal processes and controls.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting
* Background or experience with lease accounting, lease accounting systems, and/or implementation of ASC 842 is preferred but not required.
* 2-4 years of accounting and lease related experience
* Advanced Excel skills
* CPA a plus but not required
* Experience with journal entries and month-end close processes
* Ability to manage variance analysis discussions with team members
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a self-starter and able to delegate work
* Must be able to demonstrate attention to accuracy on all duties and responsibilities
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Must be adaptable and flexible in a changing environment and willing to take on tasks outside of routine expectations
* Must support and enforce Company policies and procedures
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position, however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Electronic Application Procedures: Rise Broadband only considers applicants that complete our electronic application through our career center. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office 3 0 3 - 7 0 5 - 6 5 2 2.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere and Rise Broadband is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are firmly committed to non-discrimination and affirmative action and it is the policy of the Rise Broadband to strive to afford equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are a drug free workplace and all employees must be authorized to work in the US. All offers of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a drug test, reference and criminal background investigation. Some positions will also require a motor vehicle record check.
For more information about the company please visit: http://risebroadband.com.