Accounting & Finance Control Manager 2/3/2020
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Latin America Finance Organization - Government and Public Safety
Motorola Solutions is looking for a responsible for all financial activities for the Latin America Region, such as budget planning, controlling, target setting, reporting & performance measurement, books & records rules & regulations, enterprise risk management, and ensures transparency.
* EXPERIENCE IN GO TO MARKET / BUSINESS AND ACCOUNTING FINANCE CONTROLLER
* RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FINANCIAL ACTIVITIES IN A TERRITORY FROM THE LATIN AMERICA REGION
* Experience in budget planning, controlling, target setting, reporting & performance measurement, books & records rules & regulations, enterprise risk management, and ensures transparency
* Business partner and co-leader with Territory Director
* Financial management with Territory Director of budgets and P&L's to assure that budget and contribution margin goals are met
* Monthly and quarterly forecasting, reviews and presentations to Sr. Management
* Ensures integrity, effective risk management. & internal control system, compliance and statutory requirements in close cooperation with HQ units. Governance responsibility for resellers, agents and consultants
* Customer contract negotiations and presentations to senior government officials
* Understanding customer financing requirements and facilitating credit facilities to secure sales
* Accounts receivable governance to resolve past due issues and drive to DSO targets
* Lead annual planning process with Territory Director
* Understand business opportunity requirements in order to set priorities with Territory Director and provide support to secure contracts
* Responsible to implement an ensure adherence of all global mandatory Motorola Solutions rules, regulations and processes and drive standardization.
* Assure compliance to all policies and procedures to ensure that both internal and external audits reveal no issues
* Facilitate consensus and resolve conflict by understanding the view of all participants (distributors and customers) and their desired take-away
* Balance sheet account reviews, reconciliations and approvals
* Manages the finance community across the Territory's Finance Team (e.g. key staffing, career development, competence development, performance assessments, talent development, foster diversity, organizational development, best practice sharing)
* Prepare Revenue Recognition Studies w/ Multiple Elements.
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
3+ years of experience working as Finance Controller for LATAM * Bilingual: English and Spanish both verbally and written
* High level business experience
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.