Accounting Manager 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
The Accounting Manager is a part of the PMC Platform and will be based at the PMC Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. The responsibilities of this role include partnering with the leadership team to deliver optimal financial results. This role will require superior accounting acumen to drive a continuous improvement culture. This role will report to the Central Accounting Controller.
* Assists the Controller in directing the organizations general accounting function.
* Independently oversees the completion of accounts reconciliations and ask probing questions when information submitted does not comply with US GAAP, does not comply with Corporate policies/practices or is not in line with the activity that should be in the account.
* Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
* Oversees the completion of projects by Sr. and Staff Accountants and can provide assistance and direction if needed.
* Help lead effort to understand, implement and drive standardization amongst the plants for key processes (examples: E&O Reserve, Tooling Capitalization, Warranty Reserve).
* Identify, initiate and make changes to improve SAP and overall efficiency.
* Assist with integration of plants currently not on SAP to SAP.
* Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives
* Assist Controller with FOP Audits.
* Lead internal and external audits
* Business Insight Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organizations goals.
* Manages Complexity Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
* Drives Results Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
* Ensures Accountability Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
* Instills Trust Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
* Decision Quality Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least 7 years of experience in the field
* Designation of CPA highly desired
* Familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures
* Relies on extensive experience and judgments to plan and accomplish goals
* Leads and directs the work of others
* Experience with SAP and Hyperion (HFM) desired
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to function well independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Our Process & Motion Control platform supplies highly-engineered mechanical and digi-mechanical component solutions for complex production systems where reliability is critical, and the costs of failure or downtime are high.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled