ACCOUNTS PAYABLE GENERALIST 6/5/2020
Cape Fox Shared Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Cape Fox Shared Services is accepting resumes for an
Accounts Payable Generalist to provide full time
services at our office in Manassas, VA.
The Accounts Payable Generalist will be responsible for
the prompt and accurate processing, payment and
accounting of all vendor invoices consistent with
company policy and procedure; research and resolve open
issues with vendors and subcontractors. Duties can
support Commercial and Federal related business needs.
The Specialist will assist Accounting and Finance
management with various special projects as needed and
directed. This position is an experienced accounting and
finance professional that can perform their duties with
little or no supervision.
Serve as company s point of contact for expense report
issues with Deltek Time & Expense module.
* Manages the AP Mailboxes for various entities.
* Sets up new vendors and manages vendor changes.
* Full cycle accounts payable using Deltek Costpoint
* Expense reporting using Deltek Time & Expense
* Prepare, enter, and review vendor invoices and
expense reports to ensure that they are properly
coded, approved and in compliance with government
and company policies.
* Prepare checks, ACH s, or wires as needed. Maintain
A/P report for accuracy.
* American Express/VISA credit card administration and
* Support SMS system and shareholder
distributions/Board stipend payments and inquires.
* Prepare and process 1099s annually.
* Prepare or verify chart of account codes for
invoices, complex journal entries or other
transaction documents for accuracy, completeness and
compliance with pertinent company or client
regulations; approves transaction documents within
* Determine if funds are available for expenditures
or requisitions and posts to proper account; monitor
fund/account balances and notify appropriate
personnel when limits are reached.
* Maintain special logs or records and balances and
reconciles internal accounts or records with company
business systems; verifies accuracy and completeness
and makes necessary adjustments.
* Review computer reports to identify and trace
sources of error; make necessary corrections.
* Prepare a variety of straightforward, special, and
recurring accounting-related reports, summaries,
statistical reports, and reconciliation.
* Solve problems and recommend changes in procedure in
accordance with previous training or experience.
* Contact department personnel, account
representatives, or other appropriate personnel
regularly to resolve problems.
* Support and maintain Electronic Expense Report
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Ability to access and accurately input information
with little direct supervision
* Must have knowledge of accounting principles (i.e.
journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and
* Needs to regularly demonstrate ability to understand
core accounting and finance functions and workflow
of business systems and internal controls
* Ability to work independently to accurately complete
duties and projects
* Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting
* Ability to respond in a flexible manner and to
re-prioritize work as situations change.
* Proven ability to meet the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers.
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
and ability to follow-up and follow-through.
* Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities
and meet deadlines.
* Must be a team player and can demonstrate ability to
follow directions, support
* Should have working knowledge of GAAP, FAR, and CAS
* Display high levels of professionalism and maintain
a positive outlook
* Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook
* Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods
of time and able to sit and stand throughout the day
* Must have authorization to work in the United States
as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates
provide equal employment opportunities to all persons
and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age,
disability, political affiliation, protected veteran
status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox
Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native
Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.