Acquisition Support Specialist (F-35 JSF) - TS/SCI Required 6/6/2020
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
LMI is seeking a skilled Acquisition Support Specialist at client site in Arlington, VA. The position requires providing a broad range of support to Government clients focused on mission engineering, acquisitions, and high-level engagement support for F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting and support client meetings and related engagements. The candidate will support the OSD Acquisitions with high level products to guide coordinated and streamlined messaging for the F-35 program.
LMI is a private government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. We deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
* Acquisition/Program Support: Developing and leading briefings at the executive level within OSD and the Services. Routing draft documents, coordinating comment resolution and incorporating comments into final version. Producing executive level presentations and point papers.
* Requirements Development: Maintaining communication with the US Services requirements officers on fleet requirements and integration across a wide range of topics and issues. Assisting in obtaining required analytical products that support formal requirements documents.
* Planning, Program, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE): Providing analysis regarding program execution, out-year planning and the creation of the Program Objective
* Providing, supporting and complying with a variety of activities (e.g. required/contractual training, special projects, proposals, data calls, etc.).
* Minimum Qualifications
* An MA/MS in a related discipline
* 15 years of combined experience with air warfare and DoD acquisition program support.
* F-35 acquisition experience highly preferred.
* Program management, contracting, or systems engineering experience on major weapon system program office staff
* Headquarters staff experience working for senior leaders in within the PPBE process
* Command of Microsoft Office Suite in order to produce executive level briefing materials, presentations and point papers.
* Requires Top Secret (SCI Eligible) Security Clearance
* Additional desired qualifications:
* DAWIA (or industry equivalent) certification in program management, contracting or systems engineering
* Experience managing the acquisition of aircraft systems modernization and/or production efforts
* Extensive experience and interaction with Weapon System Program Executive Offices, supporting program acquisition planning, policy creation, process improvement, Programing, Planning, Budgeting, and Execution advocacy
* Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills to review and implement policies and guidance
* Experience employing electronic business tools to facilitate staffing and assist senior leader decision making
* Experience conducting critical qualitative and quantitative data analysis
* BS/MS degree in engineering or hard sciences
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. .