Actuarial Analyst- entry-level opportunity June 2021 8/22/2020
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It s the aim of our returnship program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We ve been recognized by Forbes as a World s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The ISO unit of Verisk is looking for an Actuarial Analyst. This is an opportunity for May 2021 graduates to begin their career. The start date for this position is June 2021.
Actuarial Analyst Responsibilities
* Prepare products for regulators and internal & external customers in a timely and accurate manner. Products may include loss cost reviews, filings, circulars, annual statistical filings, and customized data products to meet customer needs.
* Work on other projects such as class plan reviews, territorial reviews, regulatory reports and fulfilling contractual obligations.
* Writing and running computer programs to extract data for review and report compilation.
* Review the quality of data submitted by insurance companies both on transactional and aggregate levels.
* Develop more efficient, automated ways to improve processing including data quality and error detection processes. This can include providing suggestions for improvements in ratemaking and data quality review procedures.
* Help respond to questions from regulators and insurers on filings, circulars and other products.
* Contact ISO s insurer customers and other organizations regarding the reasonableness of reported data.
* Make actuarial and data management presentations to Insurer Panels, insurers who report data to us and ISO users of data.
* Collaborate with other ISO divisions (actuarial, analytical and technology) on improving data, products and procedures.
* Become a subject matter expert on one or more lines of property-casualty insurance business
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Graduate or Bachelor's degree with a major in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Risk Management, Operational Research or related discipline.
* Passing of at least one actuarial exam is preferred.
* Data management skills or knowledge of insurance data management principles is a plus.
* Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
* Some familiarity with insurance coverages, actuarial methodologies and quality control.
* Technical background should include a working knowledge of MS Office applications and understanding of computer programming concepts.
* Knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, ETL tools or Business Rules Engines is a plus
* Background experience in Tableau, Spotfire, COGNOS, or other data visualization software would be advantageous.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to work under time constraints, multi-task, and adjust plans in the face of changing priorities.
* Continued desire and ability to learn.
* Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice