ADJUNCT FACULTY, Department of Communication 9/13/2020
university of northwestern
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
Responsible to provide excellence in teaching through the fulfillment of the mission and strategic goals of the Department of Communication.
References will be checked upon scheduling interview.
The Department of Communication maintains an open application for adjunct faculty in the event that staffing needs arise during the academic year. If you submit an application, it will be considered when openings in your areas of expertise arise during the upcoming academic year. What will I do in this position?
Essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to: * Deliver assigned coursework to students pursuing bachelor s degrees in communication, broadcasting, video production, audio production, film production, public relations, speech, and other related fields.
* Because our community is a significant part of our mission and the development of our students, all employees act as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ by actively partnering with colleagues of the University to disciple students to help grow intellectually and spiritually and to partner with Northwestern Media to lead people to Christ and nurture believers to mature in their faith.
What will it take to succeed in this position?
Minimum Education and Experience: * Master s degree plus significant relevant professional experience required and previous teaching experience preferred.
* Availability to teach course during daytime class schedule is preferred
* Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a kind, Christ-like attitude in dealing with and ministering to people within and outside of Northwestern; and faithfully uphold and embrace Northwestern s mission, doctrinal statement, and Declaration of Christian Community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: * Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
* Ability to integrate Christian worldview into classroom instruction
* Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and problem solving skills * Knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills; ability to type accurately and use computer to carry out various job responsibilities
* Ability to pass the background check upon hire and periodically throughout the course of employment
The work environment involves working in a suburban, Christian university, working alongside those with a demonstrated commitment and personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to the mission and values of the University and an agreement to abide by all University policies. What are the benefits of working at Northwestern?
In addition to being part of a compelling, meaningful mission, we have benefits we believe set us apart from other employers. For example we have: * Complimentary access to athletic, music, and theatre events
* Northwestern was one of 100 Minnesota organizations named to the Star Tribune Top Workplaces list; named A Top Workplace in 2010, 2012 and 2014