Adjunct Instructor - Custodial Services 11/19/2019
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Fedcap Rehabilitation Services, Inc. (www.fedcap.org) was launched in 1935 by three WWI veterans who came home from war and could not find work due to their injuries. Today Fedcap Rehabilitation Services, Inc. is a vibrant, growing company working throughout the Northeast placing people with disabilities in living wage jobs in high visible areas such as Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. In addition to Total Facilities Management, Fedcap Rehabilitation Services has commercial businesses operating within the Manufacturing, Print and Document Imaging and Security sectors.
Join us at The Fedcap Group for an exciting opportunity as an Adjunct Instructor.
Program: Career Design Custodial Program
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor
Location: 210 E. 43rd Street, New York, NY 10017
The Adjunct Instructor, Custodial Services Training instructs students in the Custodial Services Training program curriculum and prepares them for employment in the custodial services industry. Performs other instructional, classroom management, student advisement and administrative responsibilities, including the providing supervision of custodial services for the Fedcap offices.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assists in supervision of students enrolled in Custodial Services Training program who provide cleaning and custodial services to the agency.
* Assigns and reviews training activities during evaluation periods in instructional program to assess student mastery of learning objectives.
* Prepares accurate and timely reports to vocational rehabilitation counselors on student progress and hands-on skills and work behaviors.
* Maintains complete and accurate daily and weekly student attendance and punctuality records, test scores/grades, and Instructor Evaluations to vocational rehabilitation counselors and Career Design School enrollment staff.
* Reports urgent student issues such as inappropriate behaviors, academic and skills concerns, and attendance trends.
* Notifies supervisor of inventory needs for cleaning and training supplies and equipment repairs.
* Communicates program concerns and suggested curriculum revision based on industry standards.
* Preforms other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of and ability to follow Agency and department policies and procedures;
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbally and in writing);
* Ability to provide instruction to students with disabilities;
* Ability to teach subject matter by means of verbal, written and demonstrated presentations;
* Excellent classroom management and student support skills;
* Attention to detail, accurate recordkeeping skills;
* Strong platform skills (i.e. group presentation skills);
* Ability to use custodial machinery, equipment and supplies;
* Knowledge of ecologically sustainable cleaning practices;
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
* Ability to successfully complete the New York State Bureau of Proprietary Schools Supervision (BPSS) Instructor Training Program in order to obtain instructor license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
* Two years of practical experience in the field of custodial services.
Licensure: Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) by the New York State Education Department as a Custodial Instructor.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled