Adjunct Nursing Instructor - Med/Surg 8/21/2020
Galen College of Nursing
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer adjunct faculty some unique benefits including:
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Galen College is currently looking for committed, engaged, creative faculty who want to profoundly influence nursing student success and partake and engage in the full scope of the Nursing Faculty role. We are seeking Adjunct Med/Surg instructors. As a Nursing faculty you will be responsible for engaging in the full scope of the academic nurse educator role.
* Facilitate learning and learner development
* Use assessment and evaluation strategies
* Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation
* Evaluation of program outcomes
* Ongoing development of the nurse educator role
* Engage in scholarship
* Develop and function as a leader and change agent; and function within the educational environment
* This role must be fulfilled in accordance with rules and regulations of the state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies
* Instructors must hold an active and unencumbered Nursing license in the state of Kentucky
* Have at least two years of experience and hold an MSN or higher degree
* Experience in clinical area of expertise
* Experience must be within the last five years
* Healthcare facility leadership and management experience a plus
* Maintain knowledge of curriculum development and teaching methodology
* Familiarity with the state board of nursing Rules and Regulations for nursing and nursing education
* Ability to adapt rapidly to a variety of situations
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students' success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master's degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.