Administrative Assistant II / 40 hours / Day / BWH - Renal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2019
END DATE 9/24/2019
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral summary:
Brigham and Womens Hospital is dedicated to:
* serving the needs of our local and global community
* providing the highest quality health care to patients and their families
* expanding the boundaries of medicine through research
* educating the next generation of health care professional
Every employee plays an important role in providing a positive impact on the organization and the people we serve. Your work will be distinguished by demonstrating respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues, excellence in customer service and job performance.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
* People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
* Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
* Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Meeting these expectations is key to the success of your department and the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advance proficiency in administrative skills.
* Assist with on-boarding of sponsored staff to divisions of Renal Medicine and Engineering in Medicine.
* Assist with management of the Harvard Summer Research Program in Kidney Medicine including correspondence with applicants, sorting and categorizing applications and on-boarding of final candidates.
* Maintain division list serves and assist with communication to various groups within the divisions.
* Provide general administrative assistance to Division Administrative Director.
* All other duties, as assigned
* Minimum of high school diploma or GED
* Minimum two years of application work experience required.
* Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
* Ability to use phone system, handle more complex calls and give more detailed information.
* Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer more complex questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
* Ability to mange work processes in a neat and orderly way. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols and work within systems.
* Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing.
* Intermediate computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation applications.
* Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.