Administrative Assistant II, Westwood- Head and Neck Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/16/2020
END DATE 1/25/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
Under the direction of the manager, you will provide administrative services associated with a busy medical clinic. In this role, you will act as a key patient contact in the appointment and registration desk area, following the world class practices of CI-CARE.
Our Administrative Assistant will schedule patients using the electronic medical records system, collect and update demographics, insurance, and authorizations as necessary and will greet and check-in patients and perform cash collections. You will also ensure that proper procedures and policies are followed and act as a liaison between the patients, providers, nursing staff, house staff and health system administration. You will perform insurance verification and authorizations, and other duties as assigned by the manager. Qualifications
* Excellent organizational skills to work in a multi-function office with minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of CPT codes, ICD10, and performing insurance authorizations.
* Skill in writing concise, grammatically correct correspondence, reports and manuscripts.
* Proper telephone etiquette
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, changes in assignment, pressures of deadlines and competing requirements.
* Skill in interacting diplomatically with the public including patients, other health care providers and students
* Ability to schedule and encounternpatients with speed and accuracy using the electronic medical records system
* Previous experience working in annoutpatient clinic setting.
* Ability to obtain authorizations in antimely manner
* Ability to work occasional overtime
* Ability to havenflexibility in work schedules and locations as needed
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.