Administrative Assistant, On-Site HR, Document Manager-Journeyman, Lakewood, CO US ID#16368 11/15/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Administrative Assistant, On-Site HR, Document Manager-Journeyman, Lakewood, CO, US ID#16368
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for an Administrative Assistance, On-Site HR, and Document Manager-Journeyman to support the Department of Energy (DOE) Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) Headquarters in Lakewood, CO and support our team providing technical services to the Office of Design and Engineering under this Technical Support Services contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Verify data in the Drawing Information System upon receipt of drawings.
* Ensure drawing numbers are correctly reserved.
* Verify previous revisions have been finalized, and archived.
* Research drawing history and location, contact requestor as necessary to process any pending drawings.
* Provide requestor with approval print.
* Update on-site drawing reference books with new drawings, including incorporating agreed upon filing scheme per engineering discipline. Remove previous revisions of drawings.
* File manual engineering drawings in flat files.
* Maintain Excel spread sheet of all standard drawings including.
* Facility Identification, sequence number and revision level.
* Location of drawing file.
* Drawing title.
* Update as drawings are submitted for archives.
* Enter void and supersede drawing information into the DIS
* Remove manual drawing from flat files if necessary.
* Remove print from on-site drawing reference book in the engineering area.
* File necessary paperwork.
* Operate wide format scanner/copier/printers.
* Retrieve, rename files and place into the appropriate directory on Project Server.
* Perform replacement of consumables and minor cleanup of printers and plotters related to Design & Engineering services.
* Load papers, unloads drawings and monitors output quality of CAE plotters and printers.
* Deliver drawings to requestor as required.
* Create Existing Installation and For Information Only drawings of manual and AutoCAD drawings for use in Construction Specifications and places into the appropriate directory on the Project Server.
* Scan drawings for the Geographic Information System, including drawing research for specific types of drawings, retrieves, renames and places files on the GIS SharePoint site.
* Extract engineering data from various prescribed but non-standard sources and processing the data following well-defined methods.
* Process engineering drawings for archival and distribution to appropriate HQ and Regional Engineering Offices.
* Create and edit, lists of engineering drawing numbers in emails to Information Technology (IT) Ops, generates DIS memos and corrects, archive error drawing records.
* Process drawings for Electronic Archive: Responsible for maintaining centralized electronic archive of finalized drawings.
* Locate appropriate drawing file on project server or regional office.
* Resolve any revision level, corrupt or duplicate drawing issues with drawing coordinators in the Regional Offices.
* Work with Technical Document Coordinator and engineering to ensure accuracy
* Operate CAE system Windows 10 workstations to queue drawings to the plotting process and/or move drawing files and directories from one location to another.
* Maintain CAE directories and files as to proper users, location and existence.
* Working with other peripheral equipment such as external hard drives, rewritable disks, CD-ROM drives.
* Assist in design modification by compiling data to design, specifications, and material that are pertinent to specific items of equipment and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
* Anticipate and maintain inventory of consumables for wide format printers and plotters, prepares orders of consumables for purchase.
* Verify drawing titles listed on construction specification vs. AutoCAD drawing and correcting as necessary.
* Verify all drawings are reserved in DIS to the appropriate office.
* Work with engineers to resolve issues of missing drawings, incorrect drawing numbers or additional drawings not listed.
* Compile drawings into one PDF in order by Engineering discipline and numbering.
* Remove manual originals from flat files of drawings that were redrawn on CAE system.
* Responsible for production, quality and scheduling of section activities, control engineering drawings inventory, checkout of drawing number records, and drawing archive functions.
* Monitor and reports on time expenditures, schedule adherence and quality of output
* Develop and reviews designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data, applying conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings, and parts list.
* Oversee the Drawing Information System (DIS) including working with the IT Software.
* Develop proposals, system testing, feedback and user training for DIS enhancements.
* Perform DIS maintenance of functions, e.g. new user rights, distribution requirement changes, update of facility codes, transmittal of drawing number confirmations to requesters, resolution of drawing number assignment errors.
* Maintain drawing tracking log for all drawing work orders submitted for archive, from receipt to distribution of prints to/from Regional Offices.
* Assist in the CAE archival process of drawings, including review of drawing numbers, and coordination with IT Software Developer and Design & Engineering for archival information download in DIS.
* Liaison with Bureau of Reclamation offices in each Region, including HQ
* Assist engineering and maintenance staff with research of Bureau of Reclamation drawings and data Assist Regional drawing coordinators with processes and procedures.
* Drawing Copying/Reproduction: Provides best practice direction to personnel when scanning/copying drawings of a variety of media and quality.
* Assign WAPA drawing numbers per engineering discipline and type of drawing, including manufacturer drawings.
* Process work orders through Reprographic Vendor, maintain schedule for pick up and return of drawings.
* Performs QC/QA.
* Verify and concur billing from Vendor.
* Assist personnel in aspects of operations. In addition to typical duties and responsibilities, Project Manager completes drafting requests from Regional Offices, including tracking, transmitting drawings for engineer's review, finalizing and transmitting to requestor.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following two links: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf