This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/20/2019
END DATE 2/1/2020
Loyola University Of Chicago
Rogers Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Details
Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus
MODERN LANGUAGES (02107A)
IS THIS SPLIT AND/OR FULLY GRANT FUNDED*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracks and monitors department budget.
- Oversees use of photocopying machine.
- Creates and edits term class schedules in coordination with UPDs and Section Coordinators
- Performs student record tracking on LOCUS.
- Updates course evaluation parameters in LOCUS each semester
- Coordinates faculty and other reimbursement requests.
- Disseminates administrative information to faculty.
- Orders office supplies.
- Collect and files syllabi for classes.
- Engages in general office filing as needed.
- Records and prepares faculty meeting minutes.
- Helps chairperson coordinate annual faculty reviews.
- Assists in updating department website
- Assists in the coordination of faculty searches
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers
-Assists chairperson in the monitors and administration of the various department budgets.
- Coordinates and assists in the administration of the annual PII scan
- Creates memos, letters, mailings at chairperson request.
- Represents department as the primary telephone/in-person contact; answer general questions about the department; performs other administrative tasks for chairperson as needed.
- Supports chairperson in the gathering of faculty materials for tenure, promotion, and mid-probationary reviews as well as applications for college and university programs.
- Coordinates and facilitates faculty textbook orders.
- Maintains instructor contact information.
- Assists faculty with computer and facility related issues.
- Maintains bank of university related information and distributes such information to faculty, as needed.
- Prepares marketing materials for department events and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent and one to three years of relevant experience; some positions may require additional experience.
- A Bachelor s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of clerical support work experience in a similar setting.
- Preferred candidates would have experience in an academic setting.
- Must possess strong, demonstrated interpersonal, intercultural and customer service skills.
- Must possess superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have accomplished budget management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Good leadership and organizational skills.
- Foreign language skills and some experience supervising office staff preferred.
- Knowledge of Jesuit education a plus.
A Bachelor s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of clerical support work experience in a similar setting. Experience with budget management highly desirable. Previous experience in a university setting a plus.
- Advanced MS Word processing, MS Excel or Spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher and MS Access or Database Software.
- Adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems.
- Knowledge of People Admin software and academic platforms a plus.
REQUIRED OPERATION OF UNIVERSITY OWNED VEHICLES
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE DIRECT ANIMAL OR PATIENT CONTACT*
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
QUICK LINK FOR POSTING
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.