Administrative Specialist for Strategic Initiatives
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/12/2020
END DATE 1/27/2020
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Administrative Specialist for Strategic Initiatives
$20.89 - $41.37 hourly
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Under the general direction of the Manager, the Administrative Specialist for Strategic Initiatives is responsible for soliciting and implementing vendor adoption of a variety of initiatives in support of the department's automation and streamlining initiatives. This includes migrating vendors to ACH/EFT or credit card payments and enrolling them into automated invoice solutions such as electronic data interchange (EDI), the vendor invoice portal (ViP), e-invoicing or a proposed imaged-based option. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining aggressive goals of enrollment in the various options with the ultimate goal of an overall 80% automated invoicing solutions and 90% ACH/EFT and credit card acceptance. The incumbent is responsible for developing, changing, implementing, and maintaining: policies and procedures and training to help vendors understand and migrate to the various forms of automation. The incumbent performs administrative/technical tasks in support of the Accounts Payable team in the design and development of business requirements and technical specifications to automate complex business processes in Accounts Payable. Assist department in revenue generating opportunities including using credit cards and expanding the use of early pay discounts. The incumbent is also responsible for managing day-to-day operations associated with EDI and ViP transmissions.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1.Demonstrated working knowledge of basic accounting principles to perform debiting, crediting, prepare journal entries and account reconciliation.
2. Skill in interpreting documents such as vendor agreements, policy manuals, and memos to perform research, answer questions, and resolve problems.
3. Demonstrated ability to utilize query data base tools and reporting tools.
4. Skill in analyzing information, practices or systems to :
--formulate logical and objective conclusions
--recognize alternatives and their implications Required
5. Ability to work independently in organizing tasks, setting priorities to ensure that responsibilities are carried out in an accurate and timely fashion.
6. Skill in writing concise, logical business correspondence and desk procedures.
7. Skill in utilizing personal computer spread sheet and word processing applications to prepare reports and presentations and to analyze financial data.
8. Oral communication skills to correspond with various levels of University personnel and ability to deliver oral presentations to groups or on a one-on-one basis.
9. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and diplomatic working relationships with staff within Accounts Payable Staff, with other central office personnel, with Campus department personnel, and with outside vendors.
10. Skill in organizing information and documents for easy retrieval and to process work effectively.
12. Ability to develop processes, programs, procedures, and system modifications to gather and report required information.
13. Ability to accurately work with numbers, sensitive and personal information with a great amount of detail and security.
14. Skill in organizing information and documents for easy retrieval and to process work effectively.
15. Working knowledge of purchasing and accounts payable policies and procedures.
16. Demonstrated working knowledge of Electronic Fund Transfer Process to establish and maintain vendor EFT files.
17. Working knowledge/experience with University and basic accounting principles equivalent to a Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, business administration or closely related field.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
This is a 2-year contract appointment.
Ability to adjust working hours and, if necessary, work overtime to meet the needs of the office and deadlines. The position requires mandatory overtime during fiscal year closing (June 1st through July 15th, including July 4th or equivalent holiday and Saturdays as workload dictates). In addition, vacation requests are generally not approved during year end close.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check.
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Please be advised that the final candidate recommended for hire into a critical (or otherwise designated) position will be required to successfully complete a background investigation. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
UCLA is a Tobacco-Free environment. For more information, please view the policy at Tobacco-Free Campus Policy https://ccle.ucla.edu/course/view/UCLA_tobacco_free_task_force